Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-19-2015, 02:19 AM   #1
jsonora
jsonora understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'jsonora understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'jsonora understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'jsonora understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'jsonora understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'jsonora understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'jsonora understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'jsonora understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'jsonora understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'jsonora understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'jsonora understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle PW1/PW2/Voyage, Kobo Glo/Aura
Firmware 3.13.1 (Japan only?)

Firmware 3.13.1

Rakuten announced firmware 3.13.1 in Japan.
Rakuten says it is released for H2O and Glo only. (not for aura, touch, and mini)
http://books.rakuten.co.jp/event/e-b...fo/2012072405/ (Japanese)

Glo:
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...ate-3.13.1.zip

H2O:
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...ate-3.13.1.zip

These are not for Mark4 and Mark5? Does anyone know details?
jsonora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:47 AM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I haven't tried it yet, but they seem to have added the UI for the new Alyssum device. It uses a 32px font size in places that Dragon uses 29px, which would be consistent with a pixel density of 300dpi.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:26 AM   #3
anavin
Enthusiast
anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O
...did they just revive the reading status for sideload books?

(And the tofu characters since 3.3.0 are still there)
anavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:51 AM   #4
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Are these downloads for general consumption for all Glo and H20 users, in one does not live in Japan?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 05:06 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by anavin View Post
...did they just revive the reading status for sideload books?
So they have. That's a very nice surprises.
Quote:
(And the tofu characters since 3.3.0 are still there)
Sorry, don't know what you mean here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Are these downloads for general consumption for all Glo and H20 users, in one does not live in Japan?
This was released to the beta list a little while ago. I have it on my N905 Touch, my Glo and my Aura H2O with no problems. I'm surprised it has been released as at least one part of the update hasn't been finished. But, as it has been released for the Glo and the Aura H2O, that is sort of OK. If it being release in Japan only, maybe it fixes a problem in the Japanese interface.

A couple of things that have changed are:
  • New: Longpress a network in the 'Join a Wi Fi network' list to see technical network details
  • Fix: Aura: EPUB/PDF - refresh every page when refresh = Chapter
  • Fix: Translation issues that were reported with 3.12.1.

Unfortunately, there is also a bug in the WiFi handling. If you change between networks you will be prompted to select the network even if you have already used it. But, just select the network and it will be used without prompting for a password. If you only use one network, it works with no problems.

And none of the long-standing bugs has been fixed.

There are no changes other than the version number for calibre support. I'll update this. It should be in the next release.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:05 AM   #6
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Davidfor, I'd say that the reintroduction of reading stats for sideloaded book is indeed a long-standing bug that has been fixed ;-)

(Yes I know, I know. I'm being facetious.)
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:11 AM   #7
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Reading stats for sideloaded book is big. I can't wait for the patch to be ready.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:15 AM   #8
anavin
Enthusiast
anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, don't know what you mean here.
What I mean is something mentioned here and here. It's only a problem for non-latin users though, and I thought Kobo might fix it on a firmware they want Japanese users to upgrade to...

And what really keeps me from upgrading is that my Glo freezes more on any firmwares higher than 3.3.0. But maybe that's just my Glo being weird.
anavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:53 AM   #9
erikssenmar867
Connoisseur
erikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of lighterikssenmar867 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Wow! I think that the return of kepub statistics is a great news!
@GeoffR: are u planning to create the patches of this version even if it's only for Glo and H2O? Thanks in advance
erikssenmar867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:04 PM   #10
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And none of the long-standing bugs has been fixed.

I'm angry with you because you are fully RIGHT!!!

Now seriously, I've just tested three issues where I've taken quite part reporting, and they are fully alive:
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:22 PM   #11
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Changes I've noticed in fw 3.13.1 (Glo, updated from 3.12.1)

* Weight/sharpness settings are different: Fonts seem sharper at lower weights.

* There are now 43 different font sizes, from size 12 to size 122. It looks like some of the large gaps between the medium sizes have been filled, but I haven't mapped out all the sizes yet.

* With Document Default font selected, page numbers are in Georgia instead of Gothic.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:25 PM   #12
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
* There are now 43 different font sizes, from size 12 to size 122. It looks like some of the large gaps between the medium sizes have been filled, but I haven't mapped out all the sizes yet.

I hadn't noticed it. But a really good addition. In fact I do think that more size steps were needed. Too frequently I found neither the smaller nor the next step fully adequate, but something in the middle Kobo didn't offer.

A really important improvement all by itself...

Another little cosmetic improvement I've noticed is frontlight turning on quite more slowly and smooth when waking up from sleep.

EDITED ----

I've also tested WebBrowser cookie support and it continues broken. (Remember this very same web forum is a good place to test. The "Remember me" option is not remembered. If you close the Web Browser and re-start it again you'll have to login again).

Last edited by arspr; 02-19-2015 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Web Browser test
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:55 PM   #13
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
From the Rakuten web page (thanks Google Translate):

Rakuten Kobo regarding updates of e-book reader software and desktop apps

February 18, 2015 (Wed)
Rakuten Kobo version of e-book reader software and desktop app has been updated.
The main features are as follows.

[Target models] body software (version 3.13.1): Kobo Aura H2O and Kobo Glo only ※ Kobo Touch, Mini, Aura will be excluded.
[Target application Rakuten Kobo Desktop (version 3.13.2)
[Correction] bug fixes
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:21 PM   #14
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Note that Google translates the Kobo eReaders as: e-book dedicated terminal of optimism
Old 02-19-2015, 04:23 PM   #15
murg
No Comment

I've updated the first post of the Direct Links to Kobo Firmware thread.

This release is The Statistical Anomaly Release.