Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-04-2018, 08:39 AM   #61
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
I've received a max 2 with a screen protector inside.

I've usually applied protectors to phones and tablets without problem, but I can't do it without bubbles with this one. I ordered 3, 1 was wasted with the first try, the second I was much more careful and still bubbles all over the screen. Still have one left, any advice?
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:35 AM   #62
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
I've received a max 2 with a screen protector inside.

I've usually applied protectors to phones and tablets without problem, but I can't do it without bubbles with this one. I ordered 3, 1 was wasted with the first try, the second I was much more careful and still bubbles all over the screen. Still have one left, any advice?
Yes, seek help from a professional as suggested in post #57 (quoted below). The Max 2 is not going to be aseasy as a regular tablet since the screen is flexible and quite big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Which is of course what is expected, if you are inexperienced.
Have you have least tried to find a professional? Or you just went for "I'll do it" as your first idea?
https://www.moutfitters.com/store-locator/

BTW: I am experienced AND I go to professionals, because the latter is the decision outcome of the whole long experience.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:40 AM   #63
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Yes, seek help from a professional as suggested in post #57 (quoted below). The Max 2 is not going to be aseasy as a regular tablet since the screen is flexible and quite big.
Yep, looks like I will follow your advice, I don't want to destroy a third one and later buy 5 more until I can do it lol. I just need to find a store that can do it on my city

It really is difficultto to put the protector in this device

Last edited by whopper; 07-04-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:03 AM   #64
whopper
Addict

anyone knows if mobile outfitters install the original protector for the boox or do they have their own 13.3 4:3 protectors?

Because I have one at 40km where they don't get the phone so I can't ask and I don't want to make the travel for nothing.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:13 AM   #65
leojab
leojab began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Well, I went to them and installed custom fit. Install the matte finish one
It is quite good and now i feel little more safe writing on it.

Quote:
anyone knows if mobile outfitters install the original protector for the boox or do they have their own 13.3 4:3 protectors?

Because I have one at 40km where they don't get the phone so I can't ask and I don't want to make the travel for nothing.
leojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:35 AM   #66
whopper
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by leojab View Post
Well, I went to them and installed custom fit. Install the matte finish one
It is quite good and now i feel little more safe writing on it.
thanks, didn't know they have custom fits.

Care to share a photo ?

Last edited by whopper; 07-05-2018 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #67
leojab
leojab began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Sure. Here you go
https://ibb.co/ffM6Bd
leojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:40 AM   #68
whopper
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by leojab View Post
Sure. Here you go
https://ibb.co/ffM6Bd
neat, no bubbles and looks really fine, no blurry lines or something. I'll check with them to see if they can install me something like that. Thank you leojab.

/

Oh, btw, I've seen the very first day how the stylus also scratch to the point of no recover the screen protector with middle pressure. The only way to use this device without scratching everything is using the stylus with very low pressure/strength and don't use at all the eraser of the back. I need to remove the protector and I hope I didn't scratch the screen also.

Also, this is a quality problem. I didn't had a single scratch on a DR1000S using the stylus for everything during 10 years (lacks capacitive screen, only wacom), and it have 0 scratches. They need to fix this for the next iteration, it's not acceptable for a device of that price. Even if that means adding a glass layer phone style and asking for 50€ more. It would be worth the price more than having to worry about it.

Last edited by whopper; 07-05-2018 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:44 PM   #69
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
the stylus also scratch to the point of no recover the screen protector with middle pressure
I use a stylus on the matte film from Clear Coat / Mobile Outfitters on my phone, and I see no scratches: a good overlay film will not only take the bullet instead of the original screen, it will even bounce it.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:23 AM   #70
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

They use their own film, and, as you probably read, they cut the sheets with plotters. As others mentioned, specify you want matte, because they also have glossy (for people who need to check their haircut and make-up while deciphering information on the screen. Also, for people living in danger zones, who need to constantly check movements behind their back).

Bring the correct measures in millimeters with you! You never know.

Last edited by mdp; 07-06-2018 at 11:26 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote