Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-20-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Calibre, Sony software, DRM

I am having a problem - I do buy a few DRM books from Sony - otherwise I use Calibre exclusively. So the last time I used the Sony software, I lost all my bookmarks, and collections that I had set up w/ Calibre - the books are there, just not the tags (collections). So, if I have to use the Sony software again, is there something I can backup prior and then load the new books, and restore the backed up bookmark file. Or ... I suppose after I l download the books to the desktop via the Sony Software - maybe I manually move them via file explorer? Can I put them on the main memory?

Sorry for somewhat basic question.
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #2
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrunk View Post
I am having a problem - I do buy a few DRM books
Sorry for somewhat basic question.
I do exactly what your talking about. I move the lrx file from the directory Sony puts them in, and then add them to calibre with the add tool. That way I can keep track of the rating etc. (You do need to copy the file with explorer to your devices main memory, as Calibre won't install the LRX file).
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert