Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Amazon - The Big Deal Sale until June 24

It's back, The Big Deal Sale through 6/24. Over 400 books $0.99 - $3.99
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Yay... (oh crap). so many choices.

Well - there went my budget for the week. Bought a couple of Wedding/Bridesmaid guides because we are having the first daughter wedding in a few months. Bought some spy thrillers for me and slipped in a Steampunk Erotica novel to see if anyone notices. (My daughter, Mother and Mother-in-law share my library).

Last edited by FatDog; 06-16-2012 at 10:52 AM.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Anyone notice that many of the books listed on Amazon's sale site also include titles that Discover New Love has on sale also? I guess that Amazon does track the prices of other sites.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Anyone notice that many of the books listed on Amazon's sale site also include titles that Discover New Love has on sale also? I guess that Amazon does track the prices of other sites.
In the case of DANL, Sourcebooks provides discount pricing for their sales to all the stores and you can see the same titles on sale at B&N and elsewhere. So it's not so much Amazon keeping track and price-matching as much as taking advantage of already publisher-discounted price offers.

Anyway, the Sourcebooks DANL sale selections are cheaper (and DRM-free MultiFormat available worldwide without extra $2 surcharge in certain regions) directly from DANL anyway, even without a club membership as long you use the discover15 15% off coupon.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
My budget hates you!

Last edited by djulian; 06-16-2012 at 03:16 PM.
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
In the case of DANL, Sourcebooks provides discount pricing for their sales to all the stores and you can see the same titles on sale at B&N and elsewhere. So it's not so much Amazon keeping track and price-matching as much as taking advantage of already publisher-discounted price offers.

Anyway, the Sourcebooks DANL sale selections are cheaper (and DRM-free MultiFormat available worldwide without extra $2 surcharge in certain regions) directly from DANL anyway, even without a club membership as long you use the discover15 15% off coupon.
DANL:
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The big deal sale is setup worse then Kobo and Smashwords put together. It's not easy to sort this list the way you'd actually want to.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is quite ugly to sift thru.

The $0.99c ones ion AMZN that are available @ DANL are $0.59 for members.
I think I paid for my membership last night.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
wasn't really able to find anything that i liked :P will probably try again before june 24
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #10
Wald07
Audiophile

I just noticed, all the 99cents-ers I'm interested in, I got from DANL last night....
Old 06-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #11
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald07 View Post
I just noticed, all the 99cents-ers I'm interested in, I got from DANL last night....
But... this is a good thing, right? You got the books you wanted at least $0.40 cheaper each and DRM-free in multiple formats to work on both your readers and you got them directly from the publisher, who gets more royalties they can pass on to authors you want to support?

Now, if you're tempted by the more expensive books... I guess you can consider any you get subsidized by your 40-cent-per-purchase savings on the DANL ones?
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #12
Wald07
Audiophile

Oh, yes. You're right ATD. $0.40 cheaper plus 15% off (discover15) so $0.50 a book & $0.49c savings.
Honestly, I'd rather send DANL my $$ anyway. And I do love the DRM free multiple formats.
15 books for $10.48. I love DANL. Thanks Bargain Romance thread!

Though, I was having a witch of a time getting them to display on my Kobo.
Ended up buying a microSD card & side loading. Wouldn't work any other way.

But let's face it, I'm a .99c addict. I just was hoping for a few more cheapies.
I guess 1400 e-books are not enough
I did see some $1.99 ones that intrigued me.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:52 PM   #13
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The big deal sale is setup worse then Kobo and Smashwords put together. It's not easy to sort this list the way you'd actually want to.
If you click on the "more than 400 kindle books" link on the main sale page, you can sort by genre in the page it takes you to. Still a bit unwieldy, but better than nothing!
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #14
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
If you click on the "more than 400 kindle books" link on the main sale page, you can sort by genre in the page it takes you to. Still a bit unwieldy, but better than nothing!
You can sort by price and popularity as well, by clicking the price links in the description at the top or by scrolling down on the right side and clicking "See more popular $X.XX books".

I don't think I can resist How I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend for $0.99. Grade 7 and up!

Last edited by Synamon; 06-17-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #15
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
You can sort by price and popularity as well, by clicking the price links in the description at the top or by scrolling down on the right side and clicking "See more popular $X.XX books".

I don't think I can resist How I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend for $0.99. Grade 7 and up!
i saw that too and was tempted :P
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote