Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 09:42 AM   #31
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I see no need for SDHC support myself. I do wonder why people find this lack a big issue though...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #32
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SonyPRS505,Kindle1,NokiaN810,VilivX70, SmrtQ7,JoinTechJE100,NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I see no need for SDHC support myself. I do wonder why people find this lack a big issue though...
I guess the main reason is that with SDHC support, you can use memory cards bigger than 2GB.

While for many, 2GB might be more than sufficient, if you want to carry on your entire library of books ... in multiple formats ... along with you all the time, 2GB might be restrictive.

I like to convert my books to at least four formats - mobi, lit, fb2 and epub - since some books looks better in certain formats. So that effectively quadruples my library size.

While I still have about 300MB free in my 2GB SD card I am using with the JE100, being able to use a 4GB or 8GB SDHC card (which I already have, but can't use ) would sure be nice !

I guess to each his/her own ... some like sleep, some like capacity ... me, I want both ... but if I *have to* give up one, I would give up capacity, since I can't go on without sleep
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #33
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
As I only use mobipocket on my JE-100 (none of the other applications that read other formats have what I demand in it, namely, easy of use and ability to highlight), it'll be a long time till I have my 2Gb full...

Now, my 160Gb external HD is getting rather full due to all formats
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #34
babo
babo began at the beginning.

Device: je100
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I have a micro sd 16gb full with comics, books, videos, games and mp3s and I have just ordered a second until the 32gb come out...
Je100 has more potential than you imagine. With TCPMP video player you can watch even flash videos, mpg and avis in a quite good quality...
You can also download different files from the web by internet use...
Play games for WINCE... you can use many applications available.
Thus JE100 is not a simple ebook reader and no sdhc = no potential.
If you use it only as ebook reader and only with mobipocket, you should have chosen an e-ink reader...
babo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #35
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
In my opinion, having SDHC support is an absolute must. The only other option would be SDXC support, which is the newest standard (up to 2TB!).
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2010, 04:55 PM   #36
StevenK
Enthusiast
StevenK began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
More storage is always nice, but I wouldn't call SDHC support a must. I bought mine to be primarily an ebook reader. There are better devices to buy of you want an all-purpose unit. But isn't there a 4-gig SD card that is compatible with the JE100? I know some people were looking into that.
StevenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #37
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
4gb non-hc cards exist, but they are fairly expensive in comparison to hc cards.

edit: Here, for example.

Last edited by Houndx; 02-03-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:36 PM   #38
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by babo View Post
Εllen copy the windows folder (all the files you can in the form that they appear) and the gpsap folder if exist. Everything needed is there.
Thanks
Having difficulties getting some file to copy. This may take awhile, but I will keep trying

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #39
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SonyPRS505,Kindle1,NokiaN810,VilivX70, SmrtQ7,JoinTechJE100,NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenK View Post
More storage is always nice, but I wouldn't call SDHC support a must. I bought mine to be primarily an ebook reader. There are better devices to buy of you want an all-purpose unit. But isn't there a 4-gig SD card that is compatible with the JE100? I know some people were looking into that.
I was one of those people who were looking into 4GB non-SDHC MicroSD cards ... and after looking a LOT I have given up and come to the conclusion that there are no 4GB non-SDHC MicroSD cards available. There are standard sized SD cards that fit this criteria ... but not in the MicroSD form factor.

Some websites will list 4GB MicroSD cards noting them as SD, but I have ordered a few and all turned out to be SDHC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndx View Post
4gb non-hc cards exist, but they are fairly expensive in comparison to hc cards.

edit: Here, for example.
That's a full size SD card ... not MicroSD form factor. I know, cause I own this exact card
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #40
Houndx
Groupie
Houndx doesn't litterHoundx doesn't litter

Device: A81 MID, Dell Streak
Ahh, micro.. hrm
Houndx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #41
StevenK
Enthusiast

I've looked into it and there seem to be a lot of them. Check this link out:

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...-8&sa=N&tab=wf

They can't all be mislabelled.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #42
babo

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenK View Post
I've looked into it and there seem to be a lot of them. Check this link out:

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...-8&sa=N&tab=wf

They can't all be mislabelled.
THERE IS NOT ANY NON-SDHC microSD MORE THAN 2GB.
FINISHED!
Do not waste your and our time!

Last edited by babo; 02-03-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:55 PM   #43
babo

Exclamation Look what I found here!

Jointech has officially announced that even in their JE200 firmware there is the same problem with "some" sdhc cards!

Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:55:43 -0800 (PST)
Local: Wed, Jan 20 2010 6:55 am
Subject: Re: My sd don´t work

The SDHC is supported in JE200. It will work with Sd cards of 4 GB,8
GB or 16 GB etc.

Make sure the SD cards are formated as FAT file system and should not
be FAT32.

You can check this by Right-Mouse-Click in your PC by using the SD
card reader and also can format using your PC.

Once you put the 4GB or 8 GB card, it will show up withine 2 secs. The
16 GB card may take some time up to even 10 or 15 secs to appear.

For some cards from some vendors, you might need to restart the device
also if the SD card does not appear.

Link: http://groups.google.com/group/joint...5acdb25fb685b#

Last edited by babo; 02-03-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #44
StevenK
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by babo View Post
THERE IS NOT ANY NON-SDHC microSD MORE THAN 2GB.
FINISHED!
Do not waste your and our time!
Don't annoy us with rudeness.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #45
DKshadow
DKshadow began at the beginning.

Device: JE-100
Any chance I can get a copy of the JE-200 files? I still need those JE-100 files I didn't backup, much appreciated.
DKshadow is offline   Reply With Quote