Notices

Old 02-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #16
StevenK
Enthusiast
StevenK began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by babo;767069[B
This is the only minor issue. After sleeping mode, je100 is ok but we need to reboot in order to access the micro-sd card. I do not use generally sleeping mode as reboot takes only some seconds...[/B]
This might prevent me from doing the hack. Sleep mode is nice for when you put the reader down to do something and want to resume where you left off when you return.
StevenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:08 PM   #17
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SonyPRS505,Kindle1,NokiaN810,VilivX70, SmrtQ7,JoinTechJE100,NookColor
Yes, unfortunately the sleep mode not working is a deal breaker for me too ! Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate all the hard work to get SDHC support working, but I use the sleep mode all the time (and I mean ALL the time ) ... so I will probably not try this hack just yet.

Any chance the sleep mode issue could be fixed ?
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #18
DKshadow
DKshadow began at the beginning.

Device: JE-100
Can anyone give me the original sdmemory.dll, sdbus.dll, and core_dll.dll I didn't back them up.
DKshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #19
StevenK
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKshadow View Post
Can anyone give me the original sdmemory.dll, sdbus.dll, and core_dll.dll I didn't back them up.
If you haven't gotten the files from someone by the time my unit arrives, I'll send them to you.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #20
bambi
Enthusiast
bambi began at the beginning.

Device: HX4700 Je100 EkenM003 WPDN NookColor

Since I didn't check this forum often enough, now I am in the same situation as DKshadow, i.e. I also need those 3 files... So, please....

And, just another thought, if someone who own the JE200 will sent me those files from JE200 I will try them on my JE100 and let's see if they are usable and the sleep mode is OK.

I consider sleep mode is very importance also!

Anyway, thanks to babo for suggesting this. (it's working but not the way that I want.)
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 12:11 AM   #21
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

bambi, DKshadow - I will be happy to send you the original versions of these 3 DLLs from my JE100, but whenever I try to copy them - I get an access denied error, or get an error that files in ROM can't be copied.

If these files were truly in the ROM, I am wondering how you were able to overwrite them in the first place.

If anyone knows another way to copy the original version of these files, please let me know and I will be happy to share with anyone that needs them.

May be if you guys just tried deleting the .reg file and see if it works ?
Old 02-02-2010, 01:55 AM   #22
DKshadow
DKshadow began at the beginning.

Device: JE-100
rana try rejecting the micro sd card first and do a reboot. Try copying those .dll files to the desktop without a micro sd card in the ereader. It seems when the drivers are in use; you can't access them.
DKshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:05 AM   #23
bambi
Enthusiast
bambi began at the beginning.

Device: HX4700 Je100 EkenM003 WPDN NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana View Post
bambi, DKshadow - I will be happy to send you the original versions of these 3 DLLs from my JE100, but whenever I try to copy them - I get an access denied error, or get an error that files in ROM can't be copied.

If these files were truly in the ROM, I am wondering how you were able to overwrite them in the first place.

If anyone knows another way to copy the original version of these files, please let me know and I will be happy to share with anyone that needs them.

May be if you guys just tried deleting the .reg file and see if it works ?
Thanks rana.

The trick is that you rename it first and then you can do anything with that file (including deleting it! ) Then after that you can rename it back or replace it with other file of the same name, then reboot. This is what I've done on my JE100.

For the .reg file, deleting it doesn't get the JE100 back to the original state. I even have the registry backed up before I changed the DLL files. Restoring the registry back do nothing! This is logical, since the DLL files were changed!
(In case you wonder, I didn't intend to delete the old 3 DLLs, it was purely an accident! Poor me!)

Last edited by bambi; 02-02-2010 at 02:09 AM.
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #24
StevenK
Enthusiast

My JE100 arrived today - much sooner than I expected. I must say I'm very pleased with its size and weight and with the quality of the screen. I'll try and copy those DLLs later today if people still need them.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #25
babo
babo began at the beginning.

Device: je100
Ι am working to fix the issue but I think it's much better to have sdhc capability without sleeping mode for sd than no sdhc with sleeping mode. You can use bookmark feature if the program have or remember the page you were. It's not a big think. Boot takes some seconds... I will never return to no sdhc because of sleeping mode.
If someone could upload the Je200 files, I could maybe fix the issue faster...

Last edited by babo; 02-02-2010 at 12:20 PM.
babo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #26
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by babo View Post
Ι am working to fix the issue but I think it's much better to have sdhc capability without sleeping mode for sd than no sdhc with sleeping mode. You can use bookmark feature if the program have or remember the page you were. It's not a big think. Boot takes some seconds... I will never return to no sdhc because of sleeping mode.
I have the JE200. What files do you need?

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #27
babo
babo began at the beginning.

Device: je100
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I have the JE200. What files do you need?

Ellen
Εllen copy the windows folder (all the files you can in the form that they appear) and the gpsap folder if exist. Everything needed is there.
Thanks
babo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #28
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Εllen copy the windows folder (all the files you can in the form that they appear) and the gpsap folder if exist. Everything needed is there.
Thanks
Ok. I will try to post tomorrow. Right now I am getting ready for the season premier of my FAV show LOST!

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #29
rana
Gadget Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambi View Post
Thanks rana.

The trick is that you rename it first and then you can do anything with that file (including deleting it! ) Then after that you can rename it back or replace it with other file of the same name, then reboot. This is what I've done on my JE100.

For the .reg file, deleting it doesn't get the JE100 back to the original state. I even have the registry backed up before I changed the DLL files. Restoring the registry back do nothing! This is logical, since the DLL files were changed!
(In case you wonder, I didn't intend to delete the old 3 DLLs, it was purely an accident! Poor me!)
Thanks for the trick babmi ! I will get to this this evening as soon as I am back home.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #30
rana
Gadget Freak

Thumbs up

Quote:
Thanks babo in advance for trying to fix the sleep issue !!! Unfortunately it is a huge deal for me (and seems like some others), so as much as I would LOVE to have SDHC support, I will try to be patient for you to come up with a fix first