Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-17-2022, 06:21 PM   #46
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I don't tweak my Kobos after the initial set-up, but that initial set-up must be just perfect for me. When it is, I barely ever touch the settings again (apart from the light)...
I realize this is my weakness and that I'm probably one of the few who just can't leave well enough alone. But if the adjustment is there, I adjust. I've always had a little bit of an issue with front-lit eReaders. For a long time I wouldn't use them at all. Even on my PocketBooks I find myself adjusting the font size up and down, depending on room lighting.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 06:27 PM   #47
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I realize this is my weakness and that I'm probably one of the few who just can't leave well enough alone. But if the adjustment is there, I adjust. I've always had a little bit of an issue with front-lit eReaders. For a long time I wouldn't use them at all. Even on my PocketBooks I find myself adjusting the font size up and down, depending on room lighting.
I understand. Too many choices is a well-known phenomenon and probably applies to most of us at some point. Of course, how many is "too many" varies from one person to another.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2022, 02:28 AM   #48
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Is this adjustment in all PocketBooks? I've never seen this menu. It looks almost "Sony-like."
I checked it again, but it seems to be a setting only for PDF files. So there seems to be no way to thicken the font unless by using a third party programm such as FontForge.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 02:33 AM   #49
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is the badereader review of the Era. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAx8MlZBrRM
Old 07-18-2022, 06:18 AM   #50
MultiKoopa
MultiKoopa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis Gen 10 (2019)
Based on the video review, this looks really good.

But I'm confused. Where can you actually buy a case for this?
MultiKoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2022, 06:56 AM   #51
trekk
Terraner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiKoopa View Post

They are sold on the PocketBook website. In Germany are also various retail chains that offer this product, but the specific delivery date is still unknown.

PB offers the Cover Shell in Navy Blue, Black and Brown, the Cover Flip in Shiny Beige and Black. The German retail chain Otto has some nice Pictures:

https://www.otto.de/p/pocketbook-fli...nId=1663648864

https://www.otto.de/p/pocketbook-bac...nId=1663648996

The screenshot is from the German PocketBook shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.png
Views:	87
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	195110  
Old 07-18-2022, 08:11 AM   #52
MultiKoopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
They are sold on the PocketBook website. In Germany are also various retail chains that offer this product, but the specific delivery date is still unknown.

PB offers the Cover Shell in Navy Blue, Black and Brown, the Cover Flip in Shiny Beige and Black. The German retail chain Otto has some nice Pictures:

https://www.otto.de/p/pocketbook-fli...nId=1663648864

https://www.otto.de/p/pocketbook-bac...nId=1663648996

The screenshot is from the German PocketBook shop.
I can't find it on their English sites
Old 07-18-2022, 09:59 AM   #53
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Their US international site is horribly bad and outdated.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:09 AM   #54
trekk
Terraner

Quote:
I can't find it on their English sites
I just looked at pocketbook-int.com. In fact, nothing is listed on their website. Not even the Era is listed. Maybe you'll be more lucky if you search for a local retailer or just wait a few more days and then look again.
Old 07-18-2022, 10:25 AM   #55
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Quote:

Take a look on official dealer's pages. I've just ordered from Polish one. The case is on the way: https://czytio.pl/akcesoria-do-czytn...ra-flip-czarne
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 11:39 AM   #56
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I think the pocketbook.ch website is the official one now. pocketbook-int.com looks to still be maintained, but it may be behind for a while when something new is added.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 12:49 PM   #57
trekk
Terraner

PocketBook resides in Switzerland (CH), so I assume you are right. It seems the pocketbook.ch website has no own shop, just links to retailers on their where to buy site. I am glad there is a shop on pocketbook.de.
Old 07-18-2022, 03:42 PM   #58
MultiKoopa

So where could I actually buy the Era and an Era case to get in the US?
Old 07-18-2022, 04:21 PM   #59
trekk
Terraner

Quote:
So where could I actually buy the Era and an Era case to get in the US?
Rcentros posted some links in the other thread about the Era.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=40

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=44

Old 07-18-2022, 04:24 PM   #60
MultiKoopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
Cool!

But still no case