Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2017, 11:25 AM   #1
wizzy1
wizzy1 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h2o edition 2
Lightbulb Question about light bleed in H2O Edition 2

Hi, just bought one of these and love it! But I do see two pinpoints of light bleed on the right lower portion of the frame. You can only see it when tilting it and now that I notice it I can see it if I look hard on the screen at the edge.

I also noticed someone on here saying they don't trust the waterproofing, has anyone had any issues with this? I have just had mine in the pool a few times and it seems to be great (except the water pressure sometimes changes the pages).

Anyone else have this?

I also figured I would complain about the price of e-books. I remember years ago when publishers were justifying the high price of books because of the paper, printing process and shipping.
wizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
The LED's that light the screen are in the frame at the bottom of the screen. If you look directly down the screen you will be able to see them. That is normal. You shouldn't be able to see them when you are reading the screen at normal angles.
Other than the recent post from someone whose device seemed to have had an issue from sitting outside, there haven't been any other issues with waterproofing that I can remember (assuming it was a waterproof version )
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2017, 08:37 PM   #3
wizzy1
wizzy1 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h2o edition 2
Thanks for the reply, the actual two spots are on the bottom right of the screen. They are fairly faint.

https://ibb.co/jZ03Ra
wizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:13 AM   #4
redlob
Connoisseur
redlob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O edition 2, Kobo Libra 2
Yes, same issue here. Mine were a bit brighter and 9 spots in total. When I firmly press on that side of the frame they tend to go away for a while. At this moment I still can see 3 spots, but when reading I don't notice it as much as before.
redlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:26 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzy1 View Post
Thanks for the reply, the actual two spots are on the bottom right of the screen. They are fairly faint.

https://ibb.co/jZ03Ra
Sorry, but I don't see any light bleed in your photo. Maybe you need to take a full screen photo.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2017, 05:59 AM   #6
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
If the light irregularity doesn't show distractingly at a reading angle, I don't see it as a problem.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #7
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Sorry, but I also don't see any light bleed in your photo. If I lowered my computer screen brightness I might see your screen bright spots or if you lowered your camera exposure.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:11 PM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Are you referring to those brighter lines about 1" or so up from the bottom on the side of the kobo?
It looks like the way you have it tilted, you are getting a reflection from something.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote