Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
davidberg
davidberg began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre & the Kindle 4

Can I use Calibre if I buy a new Kindle 4? I can't find out anywhere if it will still work to receive emailed e-books
Thanks David
davidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidberg View Post
Can I use Calibre if I buy a new Kindle 4? I can't find out anywhere if it will still work to receive emailed e-books
Thanks David
The K4 (wifi) side loads just fine.
I have used the Experimental browser to load books from the Calibre content server on my (encrypted WiFi) LAN.

I see no reason that your <your_username>@kindle.com should not work on any model with a connection.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I have had no problem emailing books. And the good thing is they would be backed up on Amazon servers. But it is alot slower than sideloading, and I don't want Amazon to see everything I am reading.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote