Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #31
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Ahhh... ok. I see what you mean. I was wondering since I know there was a driver that was helping with getting better battery life. I was wondering if that was it.

2.0 is SDK5, yes. Actually, I think, from what I can see, they did some kind of hybrid but it is not all 2.1... so, technically, it is still 2.0.

Still working on the repack. I want to get the right way to make it easy to flash the ROM.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #32
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Quick update:

Was able to get my new repack to flash properly. Now, it seems I got some issues with Wi-Fi so I want to work them out before releasing the file.

It is looking good so far...
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #33
Icewyng
Addict

For those who have problems with Wi-Fi:

Delete the files in the /Data/misc/wifi folder. No need for a factory reset. It fixed the problem for me.

Now, the Wifi cannot obtain the IP adress. It seems it could be related to the wifi module. I want to investigate furthermore to find a solution to this as well.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #34
Icewyng
Addict

Just so you know, I am changing tactics here... I think a repack will not be enough. I am going for a full replacement now... stay tuned!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #35
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Could you post some screenshots once you have some free time on your hands? I'm curious to see how it all looks, but not yet brave enough to try it out myself!
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #36
frth
frth began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
Really waiting for result of you work. I will be nice to have firmware 2.1.1 with better perfomance and all needed stuff included
frth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #37
Icewyng
Addict

If you have suggestions, please do so. It would be nice to get some nice apps with this as well.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #38
frth
frth began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
Google Apps - will be nice to have!

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...0#entry7304507 - Link to one post in Russian forum, where are link to the custom made 2.0.6 with Google Apps included: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11917146/2.0...01SWUPDATE.zip
- Gmail
- Contacts
- Youtube
- Talk
But didnˇt get to work Calendar.

In his next post here: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...post&p=7383768 with this firmware http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11917146/2.0...01SWUPDATE.zip, he get to work calendar also

Try to read these post with Google Translate
frth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #39
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Great Apps to have are:

Screen Filter -> Brightness Control

Aldiko 2.0 -> General reading and DRM capable

Dolphin Mini (experienced problems with Dolphin HD, but worth a try) -> Browser

Wallpapers

K-9 -> Mail

Documents to go -> Reader for *.doc, *.xls and *.pps

Battery Calibration -> Useful after reflashing to get max battery life (needs root)

Launcher Pro

Titanium Backup -> Save before and restore after flashing (root)

NetQin -> Anti-virus, -spy, -malware

And of course Kindle, Kobo, Youtube

Waiting eagerly
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #40
Icewyng
Addict

Ok...taking notes on those.

So, what I have decided is, for now, make a repack with 2.1.2 and update the framework to get the market patch. After that, I will go ahead and work on porting a Froyo or GB ROM on the IQ.

Any more suggestions?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #41
ebookof
Enthusiast
ebookof began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
As indicated earlier, if you can include a2sd, app2sd or link2sd functionality, that would be great.

Also, make sure that the compiler used is compatible with ebooks DRM rights. The Amazon app was not working with the repack using the JIT compiler and it seems an issue that has been encountered by others in the past. Not sure what the source of the problem is.

Not sure about adding too many apps in your repack. They can be added individually anyway.

I look forward to the repack.
ebookof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:01 AM   #42
Icewyng
Addict

After some work, I will be able to release the Repack over the weekend. And, whatever you do, do NOT install 2.1.2. Wait for my 2.1.2 repack.

I am not sure if it is unintentional or not but the 2.1.2 ramdisk locks the data partition, preventing you to get root or installing anything. I will take care of this in the repack.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #43
digitalmunkey
digitalmunkey began at the beginning.

Device: none
Root

Hi Icewyng,

I got my IQ just over a week ago and it came pre-installed with 2.1.2 and I had no problem rooting with z4root. However, I have been unable to find 2.1.2 from any of their sites, just in case something goes wrong, any ideas?

Looking forward to the fruits of your labours

Peter
digitalmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #44
Icewyng
Addict

I will have to try different methods to see which one is best to root 2.1.2. Maybe it is only to prevent root by flashing but I am still unsure.

The link for 2.1.2 is on the forums...

Firmware 2.1.2 RC
Old 11-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #45
Icewyng
Addict

Got around the problem... still not sure what it was but I have a working version of the Repack.

I will do some more test and will release a Beta later tonight.