Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 04:43 AM   #61
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos View Post
Hi, feeling like a total noob atm ;-) Added some apps, most worked, installed Kindle app, but alas no epub, so away with it, ended with some other alternative, kinda like it, BUT..
(yeah you where waiting for that eh?)
How the peep do i add books (epub) to the main reader?? I transferred one with dropbox, copy paste it to the other reader (A-something) it just worked, also C/P it to pocketbook 701/books, no joy :-(
using library to browse folder with book, it does not see it?? checked with filemanager it is there..
Confusing! And i try to get rid of the ad-ware filemanager, but settings>manage apps does not show it? So how to get to it?
BTW after stopping all animations in settings, the system seems to be a lot more responsive ;-)
@animations: Found out the same
@books: I found that PB reader finds books located in root or ebooks folder
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:46 AM   #62
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Hmm, does not work, nothing shows up :-(
I can see al the included books, and all else seems to work (sort off) Why is there not an import option?
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #63
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
Try this: Home Screen --> Settings --> SD Card & Device Storage --> Unmount SD card

Then do a reboot. Maybe it just needs a clean unmount and remount of the SD card (internal and/or external).
I tried that--several times. No go. And I tried a couple of cards ( didn't know about classes either)--one brand new. But no luck. I recharged over night, still no luck. I'll check in a bit and see if anyone is there at their tech support number. If nothing else, maybe I can get another ETA for the "Nov. 20" firmware.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #64
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
I am also disappointed that the 11/20 firmware is still not available. I ordered the IQ early to get it before Thanksgiving so I could get help from my family thinking that I could also upgrade to the 11/20 firmware.
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #65
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
according to what one of the resellers (tvpupsik?) said a few days back, the new firmware is out. it may not be posted on the site, but you should be able to get it via email from whoever you bought from.

I'd contact your seller.

Also, I'd advise not to buy any apps through your tablets right now. It looks like Android is not secure:

http://www.slatedroid.com/content.ph...-data-stealing!!
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #66
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
No reply yet.
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:59 AM   #67
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos View Post
Hmm, does not work, nothing shows up :-(
I can see al the included books, and all else seems to work (sort off) Why is there not an import option?
Roos, I had the same problem when I loaded new ebooks on my IQ. It looks like the IQ needs time to catalog ebook changes. It took about 5-10 minutes for my IQ to realize there were new books on it. So, copy your epub to the Books directory via USB. Then shutdown the IQ and turn it back on. Unlock it, skip the registration, then let it sit and index the books on its own. You'll actually see the number of books change in the top right of your home screen. It's pretty weird! But just give it some time, then open your Library. Your book should be there.

Did you set up your library to be viewed by directories? I did that it it made finding books so much easier than trying to find the book in the one huge list.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #68
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I called the service center since I got my IQ from the Independence, MO store rather than another vendor (a mistake, methinks). They are supposed to email me the update, but nothing so far. They also suggested i go back to the store and they could update for me, but no way I am going anywhere near a mall this weekend! Patience may be a virtue, but it sure is difficult!
Old 11-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #69
MmavisO
Seeker

Quote:
Did you set up your library to be viewed by directories? I did that it it made finding books so much easier than trying to find the book in the one huge list.
Speedtouch--how did you do this? I did have bookshelves set up, but moving the books to shelves one by one...what a job! Or is this an option that doesn't show up until the update?
Old 11-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #70
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
I called the service center since I got my IQ from the Independence, MO store rather than another vendor (a mistake, methinks). They are supposed to email me the update, but nothing so far. They also suggested i go back to the store and they could update for me, but no way I am going anywhere near a mall this weekend! Patience may be a virtue, but it sure is difficult!
I'm very sorry you're having so much trouble. I wish there was more I could do for you. I don't know why PB is being so secretive about the Nov. 20 firmware update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
Speedtouch--how did you do this? I did have bookshelves set up, but moving the books to shelves one by one...what a job! Or is this an option that doesn't show up until the update?
Home Screen --> Library --> Menu Button (just below the P in PocketBook on the IQ itself) --> Folders

Last edited by speedtouch; 11-26-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #71
MmavisO
Seeker

Quote:
Home Screen --> Library --> Menu Button (just below the P in PocketBook on the IQ itself) --> Folders

I'll have to try this if I can ever get up and running again. They did email me a link--one I don't have permission to access. But at least they are working with me. If worst comes to worst, I'll go back next weekend when the holiday shopping madness has reduced somewhat and exchange it if I have to.

In any case, it's a learning experience--I'm learning how to fix it when it breaks for future reference--mine or someone else's.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #72
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
I'm very sorry you're having so much trouble. I wish there was more I could do for you. I don't know why PB is being so secretive about the Nov. 20 firmware update.

The firmware will be available until monday. We're not secretive about it, btw, just waiting fir our tech guys to give us the goods, Their timing is a bit "large" sometimes
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #73
speedtouch
eBook Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
The firmware will be available until monday. We're not secretive about it, btw, just waiting fir our tech guys to give us the goods, Their timing is a bit "large" sometimes
Thanks for the update. I know lots of people will be happy to have it Monday. But why hold off on it when it's already been released to the resellers? Why not let the users update now to the most current firmware? I'm sure there's lots of users out there who are running non-retail firmware. What's the big deal? I don't get it.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #74
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
speedtouch, Pocketbook's concept of time is certainly matching the Theory of General Relativity. That is, do take any term they give with a big grain of salt.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #75
MmavisO
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Now I understand! GIK time is the same as fill-in-the-blank time! In other words, plus or minus, give or take, sometime in the ballpark. I've lived places where that was the case--as long as whatever you were planning happened sometime the same day, week, or even month depending on the situation, then that was perfectly all right and to be expected. Thank you for the explanation; it now makes sense.

And I do feel sorry for the support people--this is a very difficult thing to explain to people on the phone or through email who want their stuff NOW!!