Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
DigitalAutoPilot
DigitalAutoPilot began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Question for 950 owner(s) - re: Calibre server

Hello.

I have been using an Android tablet for my ebook reading while waiting for the new Sony readers to come out...

They are now all out and I'm ready to buy...

I've gotten quite used to leaving my ebooks on my internal Calibre server and simply browsing via the HTML interface to select what I want to read next.

I have read most of the posts here and I understand that the 950 works well with wifi and simple web browsing.

Here is my question:

On the 950, can you browse to your own internal Calibre server, view the metadata, etc.. then download the epub to your reader?
The specific interface I use with Calibre is either the \browse or the \stanza one.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to test this for me.
DigitalAutoPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
If you haven't yet done so then you might get a quicker response from the calibre forum on this board...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAutoPilot View Post
Here is my question:

On the 950, can you browse to your own internal Calibre server, view the metadata, etc.. then download the epub to your reader?
The specific interface I use with Calibre is either the \browse or the \stanza one.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to test this for me.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
DigitalAutoPilot
DigitalAutoPilot began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Well...

It's not really a Calibre question - it's a question that is specific only to the PRS-950
DigitalAutoPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
The user manual says that file downloading is not supported in the browser.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote