Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #31
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If it is indeed a Wacom screen, then this previous quoted statement:

cannot be true. Wacom screens can only be operated with a stylus.
The touch screens of PB903 and PB603 can be used with stylus only..
Sorry for some mistakes in description and thanks a lot for corrections (especially to KACIR)
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #32
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
When can we expect to see the 902/903 priced on your website?

As soon as I get prices i have not heard North American pricing yet
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #33
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
As soon as I get prices i have not heard North American pricing yet
Time to dust off the ol' typewriter and write a letter of complaint to the company I reckon
Seriously, do you think you'll have it in stock before the silly season kicks in?
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #34
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post

3) Yes
3) Oh no! Why did you say that? I was trying to dissuade myself from ordering the tablet!
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #35
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Guys, it's official - we can't announce US pricing because we don't have it yet today (as of Oct 5, 2010). This is related directly also with the dates of shipping of new models to the USA. We can't start pre-orders because we don't have dates and pricing. Sorry, folks.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 08:16 PM   #36
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
PocketGoods:
It's good that you made the corrections, but I why didn't you write anything extra for the 903 model compared to the 603? You have to admit that unless someone is looking for a big screen, they won't really be interested in a device that is heavier and more expensive, when you say that the 603 can do the same things. You should say that it is perfect for reading A4 documents with complicated format. The ones who will want to buy it will be the ones who want to read allot of textbooks, user manuals, and in my case scientific articles, where reflow doesn't really work.
Also, while you can take notes with a virtual keyboard I would prefer a device with a digitizer because I doubt that the keyboard would be of much help if my notes include equations.

I noticed that you've written that "This product is expected to be in stock again on Monday, 15. November 2010". Since the shipping time is 2 weeks, does that mean that if I place an order I would get the ereader in December?

Sil

P.S. I love the fact that the 903 has the same density as water
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:56 AM   #37
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Is there any news of prices for Ukraine and availability there? (I'm not Ukrainian and I don't speak Ukranian or any slavic language, but I live very close to Ukraine and I could have a trip there)
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #38
onesome
Connoisseur
onesome began at the beginning.

Device: GalaxyTab 10.1
Greetings for the long waited devices. I'm really interested in buying 903. So I have couple of questions:

1.Do you deliver to Bulgaria?
2. Does it come with full Cyrillic support /Bulgarian and Russian/ or we should wait for firmware?
3. Do I have my 7 days /to return it in case of unsufficient performance or something like this/ ?
4. What am I doing in case in device multifunction during guaranty period?
Thanks
onesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:59 PM   #39
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
regarding 1, check http://www.pocketgoods.de/info/shipping---returns.html which says they are shipping to Bulgaria.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #40
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
in 2, I can say that Pocketbook being Ukrainian, you don't miss Cyrillic at all in the firmware support. Right now the firmware is in Ukranian, Belarusian, Russian and Bulgarian, aside of a plethora of languages. And the best part, if you don't like the translation, you can change it yourself with certain ease
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #41
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Oh, hey, non-EU countries don't have to pay VAT! Of course, I'll be taxed once it enters my country, but I could live with that. When I got my e-ink reader, they bled me dry at the customs office. Left me with enough money to take a tram ride home.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:35 AM   #42
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesome View Post
Greetings for the long waited devices. I'm really interested in buying 903. So I have couple of questions:

1.Do you deliver to Bulgaria?
2. Does it come with full Cyrillic support /Bulgarian and Russian/ or we should wait for firmware?
3. Do I have my 7 days /to return it in case of unsufficient performance or something like this/ ?
4. What am I doing in case in device multifunction during guaranty period?
Thanks
3) Yes
4) Get it repaired or exchanged. Send your device to PocketBook Europe (it is done by calling the service number, quote your problem, get an RMA number, ship the device to us with this number), and get it exchnaged or repaired depending on what's wrong with it. This is done for free during the warranty time, we will even pay the port costs for you.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:42 AM   #43
onesome
Connoisseur
onesome began at the beginning.

Device: GalaxyTab 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
regarding 1, check http://www.pocketgoods.de/info/shipping---returns.html which says they are shipping to Bulgaria.
Thx for the link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
in 2, I can say that Pocketbook being Ukrainian, you don't miss Cyrillic at all in the firmware support. Right now the firmware is in Ukranian, Belarusian, Russian and Bulgarian, aside of a plethora of languages. And the best part, if you don't like the translation, you can change it yourself with certain ease
I thought they're Russians, but it does change nothing. Thx for the useful info about self translating options.

Quote:
3) Yes
4) Get it repaired or exchanged. Send your device to PocketBook Europe (it is done by calling the service number, quote your problem, get an RMA number, ship the device to us with this number), and get it exchnaged or repaired depending on what's wrong with it. This is done for free during the warranty time, we will even pay the port costs for you.
Wonderful warranty policy! I think my choice is already made.

Btw is pocketgoods.de official place to preorder it because there is not any "what's in the box" info. I'm not tend to get one without case.

Edit: I've missed it: "Scope of delivery PocketBook Pro 903, Etui, USB-cable, QuickStart manual as PDF"

Last edited by onesome; 10-09-2010 at 11:51 AM.
onesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:27 AM   #44
lalebarde
Connoisseur
lalebarde began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-950SC daily edition
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
You [the PocketBook company] said the same about the USB host on 302 model, and to this day there is NO possibility to connect keyboard. On 302 model there is no writing or true note taking functionality. People will buy 903 based on this text, and they are going to complain, unless they can buy working bluetooth keyboard and use it to take text notes.
This is really a showstopper !!! I had selected the PocketBook 603 for my first reader, but if what is in the spec is not implemented, it sucks !
mtravellerh, may I request a clear statement from you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd View Post
What do you mean about italian firmware? There will be a "localized" firmware for each country?
Are there any pitfalls buying from other European country NOW?
(i.e. localized silk screens / menu language only in german...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Actually, if you don't want to wait, you can do the localization yourself if you wish. That was the case of the Spanish version: I translated the firmware in 14.2, and the translation used in 15.2 was finally the one made by yours truly. When the ultimate 15.3 is out, I'll do it again.
Hum, we are not all geecks ! Here again some clarification are necessary. Is it simple ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logi View Post
will the 903 pro model have support for external keyboard ( bluetooth or usb ) for writing notes and does 903 have a web browser ( java support ) or is wifi limited to only buy the online books.
It looks like yes, but without limitation of where you browse or download. That's the advantage of manufacturers that don't have home ebook offer like amazon.

Quote:
1) 6) In Spain, you have to use your own SIM card until we have a provider partner
So the same for other countries ? France ? I don't know/use 3G today. Will it require a monthly fee ? When you will have a partner in France, will 3G be free ? Even for those who have already bought the 603/903 ? What is the timeframe for that ?

Quote:
3) Yes
Great !!!

Last edited by lalebarde; 10-09-2010 at 07:44 AM.
lalebarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:53 AM   #45
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
I have never preordered anything before so I don't know, but is the info on preordering always this vague? The PocketGoods website says that the 903 is "expected to be in stock" on November 15th and has two weeks for shipping. I live in The Netherlands now and I'm guessing that the first devices will be delivered in Germany.
My problem is that I'm going on vacation on December 14th, and any delays in their schedule would mean that if I order now that I might not see the device until January.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote