Notices

Old 05-31-2007, 05:02 AM   #16
eimert
Connoisseur
eimert doesn't littereimert doesn't litter

Device: Dell Axim X50v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnam
Foleo = Small, light and 'on' in an instant. That's something that normal laptops can't do and makes me understand that the Foleo does run an evolution of the beloved PalmOS.

I'm sure many people would love a small and truly portable laptop. UMPC or small-screen laptops are normally quite expensive and at least twice the price of the Foleo. I guess we are going to have to wait and learn more about the actual operating system and hardware specs.

I personally think this will be more of a success if it's viewed as more than a Treo accessory, especially in Europe where Treos are not as popular or mainsteam as in the USA. A slick mini-laptop that hooks up via any phone/smartphone (not just Treos) could do well among both the geeks, business types, students and even normal home-users.
light? 2.4lbs (or about 1.2 kg) is not light. The only advantage over a lets say P1510 is the instant on (and the price, if they really aim for the quoted 600 US$).
eimert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:11 AM   #17
morituri
Enthusiast
morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6, iPad Air, Kindle PW2, Kindle HD
You could get a decent second-hand 12in iBook or Powerbook for around $500-600. It's bigger & heavier, but has a (more or less) mainstream OS, thousands of ready applications, and works with most phones. Instant on? My iBook does that, too.
morituri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:48 AM   #18
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
It has all the features to make it the 'Read Online' device Bill Gates suggested.

Should we say 'collusion' or 'reading public herding' ?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #19
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I already have a 12" notebook PC I can use for eBooks, but would gladly chunk it for the Foleo. This device looks to be the size I want for an eBook laptop type device and its instant on and will probably run completely cool.

The question is support. Will Mobipocket and eReader develop for Foleo?
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:59 AM   #20
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by aagstn View Post
IThe question is support. Will Mobipocket and eReader develop for Foleo?
If a third party will at least put together a Foleo-capable reader for the most popular e-book formats, you'll have your support. At the very worst, being able to convert most formats to HTML will allow you to read via the web browser. I'm sure someone will step up to the plate.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:31 AM   #21
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I'd use the Foleo to blog here!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote