Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 12-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
Scarlett
Cyberspace Bunny
Scarlett began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Advice Needed: eBooks on iPod Nano

Looking for advice on how to view eBooks on my iPod Nano. I found a product from Softpedia called "Ipod eBook Maker" but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
Looking for advice on how to view eBooks on my iPod Nano. I found a product from Softpedia called "Ipod eBook Maker" but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions.
Well, I can't answer your question, but isnt' that screen really tiny? Good luck!
And welcome to the forum!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
I know that you can create "vcards" for keeping addresses and phone numbers on the nano, but would be surprised if the nano does ebooks. Are you sure that it's the nano and not the Ipod touch that takes ebooks?

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Information on this solution is in the Wiki under iPOD but the nano text is extremely small and difficult to read easily for many people. It is not adjustable.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:11 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Reading on the nano? Rather you than me! Makes my eyes water just thinking about it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:04 AM   #7
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
I can't imagine reading eBooks on an iPod Nano. That would be like reading a novel through a ticker tape. Almost every word you'd have to flip a page. ;-)
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:57 AM   #8
Gadget
Gadget doesn't litterGadget doesn't litter

Device: none
It's a little bit of a pain. I tried it on a greyscale ipod. It worked for reading short things like recipes, but full books, oh boy did that hurt my eyes.

If you're old enough to drink try:
http://www.electricstate.com/ipodbartender/
Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebooks on ipod