Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-02-2023, 05:34 AM   #436
Savate
Enthusiast
Savate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Signature
Hi @ps67

Thanks for that tip ... never thought of it! I had quick look at Google fonts this morning which is not the easiest catalogue to navigate but there are quite a few possible choices there with variable weights ... later when I have time I'll try Literata and hopefully it will suit my need.

Savate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 06:13 AM   #437
krotwijk
krotwijk began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
I agree, I have found two possible solutions:
  1. download a font with also "medium" and, instead of installing the "regular" install the "medium". Of course install also the "bold" so the font will be heavier but possibly not too heavy. I like Literata Book.
  2. The other solution is to install KOReader that has this feature. The only trouble with it is that it can't handle books with DRM.
Thank you, the best font i've ever seen for the inkpad
krotwijk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 05:58 AM   #438
Savate
Enthusiast
Savate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Signature
Thanks - I tried that but ...

Thanks for the suggestion.

UPDATE!!

OK - adding a font took a little bit of figuring out but I got it sorted!

As you suggest, removing the regular font seems to force the Inkpad to use the medium font instead and it is definitely more readable.

Hopefully Pocketbook will update this aspect of their sofware. All it needs is a slider to change the degree of thickening.

Cheers

Last edited by Savate; 12-09-2023 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Previous text was mistaken.
Savate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 08:00 AM   #439
Loopscoop
Loopscoop began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad 4, kindle pw 1
Screen lock with PIN!

How on earth is this not a thing
Loopscoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 02:11 AM   #440
MadHatch
MadHatch began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savate View Post
Hi - using Inkpad 4.

Font control is a little limited. I do find the contrast on my Inkpad 4 a bit weak. The typeface is not as black as I would like.

This can be remedied by making fonts bold but there is no graded bold available here. It's on or off - and when it's on it makes the typeface way too fat!

Some other ereaders allow a little bit of bold. On my other reader that really helps to enhance visibility (and thus readability).

A graduated bold function would a nice feature to have.
A slider to add weight to fonts would be a nice addition. I have added fonts that are better weighted, but it shouldn't be something you need to do.
MadHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 02:14 AM   #441
MadHatch

I would like to see a PIN feature added to the lock screen.

I would also like the ability to schedule the Smart Light.

I believe both could be achieved by a firmware update.

For the record, I am using the wonderful Inkpad 4.
Old 12-15-2023, 04:28 AM   #442
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Pocketbook would get a lot more sales if they added the ability to adjust the weight of fonts.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 07:25 AM   #443
MadHatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Pocketbook would get a lot more sales if they added the ability to adjust the weight of fonts.
I agree - and again, I think it could be achieved by a firmware update.
Old 01-11-2024, 07:46 PM   #444
peremudrilius
peremudrilius began at the beginning.

Device: inkpad4
use inkpad4

It would be great if the clock can be set in the status line, where the page numbers are to the left or right of them.

This was done in PB622
peremudrilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 07:34 AM   #445
Eiluviann
Eiluviann began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Era
Would it be possible to introduce the page wipe animation similar to the Kindle?
Eiluviann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 03:57 AM   #446
MacDragon
MacDragon began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiluviann View Post
Would it be possible to introduce the page wipe animation similar to the Kindle?
I agree that if this doesn't exist currently it should be added, if nothing else, it makes it clear which direction the page moved in subconsciously, you can instantly tell if page went forwards or backwards from the state transition.
MacDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 01:28 PM   #447
VulcanRidr
VulcanRidr began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Era Stardust Silver
I'm still hoping for landscape-only/portrait-only auto rotation, since I have, on may ocasions, had it sitting on a flat surface, and it flipped from portrait mode to landscape mode, which really messes up the pagination.
VulcanRidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 05:41 PM   #448
Xaenor
Enthusiast
Xaenor began at the beginning.

I wish there was a way to power on Pocketbook Era with a single quick push of the button, instead of holding the button down for 3-4 seconds every time.
Xaenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 09:21 AM   #449
VulcanRidr
VulcanRidr began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Era Stardust Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaenor View Post
I wish there was a way to power on Pocketbook Era with a single quick push of the button, instead of holding the button down for 3-4 seconds every time.
With this latest update, it seems (to me, on my PB700, at least) that the power on is much quicker. It feels like only a second or two.
VulcanRidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 12:46 AM   #450
Xaenor
Enthusiast
Xaenor began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
With this latest update, it seems (to me, on my PB700, at least) that the power on is much quicker. It feels like only a second or two.
Yeah, the power-up itself is super fast, and I am happy with it. It's just the process of holding down the button is infuriating - like, sometimes I don't apply enough pressure and accidentally release it a microsecond earlier than needed, so I have to press it down again.

And other times I apparently hold it down at a wrong angle, and nothing happens at all, and I need to release, readjust and press it down again, and it's just driving me crazy. Why couldn't it just be a simple press and release? Why do we need to hold it down at all?
Xaenor is offline   Reply With Quote