Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-04-2020, 11:43 AM   #31
Desdinova
Eternal light
Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, Touch, H2O - now Aura One and Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would suggest treating the Kobo Aura One like there is no waterproofing since it seems that the waterproofing may not be fully working due to the head/steam/humidity of the bath,

Also, don't use your Kindle in the bath or it could also end up like the KA1.
mmmm....ok

"No soggy pages with the Kindle Oasis. It's built to withstand getting splashed at the beach or dropped in the bathtub, hot tub or pool. Kindle Oasis is IPX8 rated to protect against immersion in up to two metres of fresh water for up to 60 minutes. Learn more.

We designed your Kindle Oasis to be waterproof. It meets the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Standard 60529 rating of IPX8 and can withstand immersion in up to 2 metres of fresh water for up to 60 minutes. In addition, we’ve tested your Kindle to withstand exposure to water in many popular places to read. If your Kindle is splashed with water at the beach, accidentally dropped in a bath, hot tub or the shallow end of a pool, or otherwise exposed to water, quickly retrieve it and follow the care instructions below.

What should I do if my Kindle gets wet?
If your Kindle is splashed with water, wipe it off with a soft cloth and keep on reading.
If your Kindle is immersed in water, remove its cover, make sure no cables are plugged into the device, and do not attempt to charge your Kindle until it is completely dry.
If your Kindle is immersed in salt water, chlorinated water, soapy water or liquids other than fresh water, make sure you rinse that liquid out of the device with fresh water such as cold tap water. Then dry your Kindle.

What steps should I take to dry my Kindle?
To dry your Kindle, let the water drain out through the micro-USB port, gently tapping the side of the device as necessary. We recommend you also let your Kindle dry fully in a well-ventilated location, with it standing upright so that any excess water can continue to drain from the micro-USB port.

(Aside - same thing I always did with my Kobo on the 2-3 times it did get immersed)

Do not attempt to dry your Kindle with an external heat source, such as a microwave oven or hairdryer. Do not insert a foreign object, such as a cotton bud or paper towel, into the micro-USB port to dry it.

What can I do to reduce the likelihood of water damage?
We recommend not exposing your Kindle to pressurised water, high-velocity water, extremely humid conditions (such as a steam room) or food, oil, lotion or abrasive substances. If your Kindle is immersed in water, follow the care instructions on this page. For any questions, please contact Customer Service."

That's the whole reason I buy waterproofed electronics. Otherwise I may as well just wrap everything in bubble-wrap and never open it

It's sold as waterproof. For three years it survived conditions it was approved and designed for. I asked whether someone else had any experience with degradation.

MODS. Please close this thread. For a forum designed for e-readers there's not much evidence of reading going on.

Last edited by Desdinova; 01-04-2020 at 11:46 AM.
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:59 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
@Desdinova if you read in the bath using your Kindle, there's a very good change you'll screw up the waterproofing just like you did with the KA1. So don't do it. Just have a quick shower and then go read. Besides, you are wasting a lot of water and paying a lot more to have a bath then you do to have a shower. Plus, you are sitting in dirty water from your dirty body.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2020, 09:19 AM   #33
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
or do whatever you like. it's your life and your e-reader.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura one, reincarnation, weird, xmas miracle