Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-27-2019, 12:34 PM   #1
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Kindle Voyage stuck in case

I have a Kindle Voyage in an old Omoton case. I love the case because it is so light, but it is getting old. Before it gets too damaged, I wanted to put my kindle in a new case, but I can't get it out of the old one! I am afraid I will damage the kindle because I can see it bend as I try to lift a corner.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

k4k
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:01 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Cut the case off?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2019, 03:58 PM   #3
lumpynose
Guru
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eBookMan EBM-900
I ended up using a small screwdriver to pry the case off of an Oasis. I did scratch it a little but at least it came off. It was some crappy plastic case that was advertised as leather on Amazon. I replaced it with the Amazon fabric one.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:50 PM   #4
disconnected
Evangelist
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O2; Nook Glowlight 3; Oasis; Glo HD; Aura; iPAQ 4700(retired)
I had difficulty extracting the newest Paperwhite from an Amazon case but I was able to use a plastic putty knife to remove it. If I remember correctly I could slide the knife into the middle of the bottom edge and work it towards the corners until the case popped loose.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:03 PM   #5
binaryhermit
Guru
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen, Kindle Keyboard with 3g
My kindle paperwhite is in an omoton case and it's a (expletive) to remove it from the case.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2019, 12:37 PM   #6
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I finally figured it out looking at old posts on Amazon. You start with the long edge opposite the fold of the case. You dig out one corner and keep pulling. Wedge it with something. Some people use cardboard. I used the edge of the top of a pen cover. Then you keep pulling until the second corner comes out. After that, the kindle pops out of the case.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:34 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I had the same problem with my PW4 on a Moko case. I was trying to pop the wrong corner as well. Now I keep it in a Amazon Kindle Fire sleeve that I bought in 2011 and never used till now. I can't find a decent case for it they're all cookie cutter designs.

My PW1 is still stuck in it's official case. I've never been able to remove it.

Sent from my Moto E
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:17 PM   #8
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I had the same problem with my PW4 on a Moko case. I was trying to pop the wrong corner as well. Now I keep it in a Amazon Kindle Fire sleeve that I bought in 2011 and never used till now. I can't find a decent case for it they're all cookie cutter designs.
It really depends upon what you're looking for in a case, how much you can spend, and your ethics. For example, there are some really nice tooled leather ereader cases which I wouldn't buy because I avoid leather. Then there are the Klever Case book-style cases which are a little expensive. But if you look hard enough, you'll find something you like.

Personally, I find changing the case seems to make my PW2 seem like a new ereader.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 12:25 PM   #9
krazy4katz
Addict

I would still buy the Omoton even with the trouble I had getting my kindle out. That case has lasted since I purchase the Voyage a few months after it came out. This case might outlast the Voyage. It is very light and seems to be good protection. I take my kindle everywhere.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:54 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
It really depends upon what you're looking for in a case, how much you can spend, and your ethics. For example, there are some really nice tooled leather ereader cases which I wouldn't buy because I avoid leather. Then there are the Klever Case book-style cases which are a little expensive. But if you look hard enough, you'll find something you like.

Personally, I find changing the case seems to make my PW2 seem like a new ereader.
Not for the PW4, there isn't many designs out there. They are all the same design by different manufacturers. There is like a couple styles to choose from. You got your Slimline in many different colors and prints, you got your vertical fold in many colors and prints, you got your origami case and we'll that all I've seen. I think it's because of the waterproof feature that only a few designs are out there. I checked Amazon and eBay. Previous generations have much more to choose from. I see many cases for the PW3 I like.

I had a Moko slimline case and it was awkward to hold because of the design of the PW4. It made the reader bottom heavy. I now read with no case and use a sleeve to store it in.

Sent from my Moto E
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:13 PM   #11
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2
https://klevercase.com/collections/size-1

They make some universal size cases (the type with elastic corners) which fit the new pw4.

I recently bought the following, from the uk ebay. It was suggested in the recent landscape stand-case thread in which I detailed hassles re buying one the 'right way up'.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-A....c100005.m1851
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote