Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #31
onewiththeanswer
onewiththeanswer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Nope, haven't damaged it in the least. I'm currently using an iPhone 7 plus, but I had two iPhone 6 pluses (cracked the screen on one, then had it fixed several months later). I gave one to each of my two sisters. Both still hold a charge and will last the day without having to be recharged (my sisters don't use mophies).

The recharging issue was was with the older style rechargeable batteries that you had to deep discharge every so often. The newer batteries don't have that issue. Some of the 6 family had issues with batteries, but that was a manufacturing issue with a specific factory. The iPhone 6 plus with the cracked screen had such a battery and Apple replaced it free of charge. The other one still has the original battery.
I see. So the conclusion is eighter buying a mophie case or save some money and buy one of the newest models. I am a big supporter of Apple, but the battery problems were making me question whether it`s worth it to continue buying their products. I guess they made some improvements! Thanks a lot, your comments were really helpful!
onewiththeanswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:35 PM   #32
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Mophie's wireless charger isn't very robust. I bought two, and both stopped charging within a few months. I can still charge it the normal way though (i.e. connecting to a microUSB cable). I suspect that the usb port isn't very well connected with the rest of the charger. Even before they broke, the charging required that you put the case on the charge just so, so it really wasn't much of an advantage. More than once I left it on the charger over night, not noticing that it wasn't actually charging because I hadn't position it just right.

Hopefully, the new chargers are more robust and more forgiving.
WOW! I'm sorry you had bad experience with the charging. I am VERY lucky as mine works wonderfully! I have the Charge force car pad and home pad and wow its fast and using the magnets it lines up perfectly for me...
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert