Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-17-2019, 06:26 PM   #42316
poohbear_nc
Be Afraid! Very Afraid!
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I gotta tell you, it's pretty simple. It's two pieces of rug. The bottom one is just a flat piece. The top one has holes cut in it, with the edges sewn, and velcro attached to the bottom. It's ingenious in its simplicity. My female loves it. I hope you can get one soon!

Hitch
This looks interesting - I'm ordering one for Pixie and Stella - thanks!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:08 PM   #42317
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
This looks interesting - I'm ordering one for Pixie and Stella - thanks!
They're cheap, easy to clean (lint brush!) and my two love it.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:42 AM   #42318
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
We already have a ripple rug on our preparing for kittens shopping list
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:01 AM   #42319
poohbear_nc
Be Afraid! Very Afraid!
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ours is on the way ... watched the video ... looks perfect for Pixie ... who uses the arm of the couch as a toy ...
Old 06-18-2019, 09:16 AM   #42320
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Ours is on the way ... watched the video ... looks perfect for Pixie ... who uses the arm of the couch as a toy ...
My wife streams Kitten Academy on her third monitor at work, and multiple generations of foster kittens there have LOVED the ripple rug.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 02:25 PM   #42321
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Amazon UK has imitation Ripple Rugs, but they don't work with Velcro but with hooks, so not as flexible as the Ripple Rug.

Today I ordered a cooling mat for the cats. Especially Maru, who tends to get warm quickly, Luna likes warmth, though these temperatures are a bit too much for her, too.

It's one that works on pressure, when the pet lies on it it'll cool down for a couple of hours, after that the pet has to get off it for a couple of minutes and if it lies down again it'll start cooling again.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:40 PM   #42322
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Amazon UK has imitation Ripple Rugs, but they don't work with Velcro but with hooks, so not as flexible as the Ripple Rug.

Today I ordered a cooling mat for the cats. Especially Maru, who tends to get warm quickly, Luna likes warmth, though these temperatures are a bit too much for her, too.

It's one that works on pressure, when the pet lies on it it'll cool down for a couple of hours, after that the pet has to get off it for a couple of minutes and if it lies down again it'll start cooling again.

Ooooh, I may look into that. Mr. Zep, our big Maine Coon, has a super-heavy coat and even though I short-cut his belly each summer, trying to help him cool off, I know it's too hot for him. I just do NOT want to lion-cut him; then it would be too cold for him, poor beggar.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:32 PM   #42323
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Ooooh, I may look into that. Mr. Zep, our big Maine Coon, has a super-heavy coat and even though I short-cut his belly each summer, trying to help him cool off, I know it's too hot for him. I just do NOT want to lion-cut him; then it would be too cold for him, poor beggar.

Hitch
It's filled with a gel, so you have to check regularly for nail damage.

I'm currently enjoying a sketching session. Getting a sketchbook with good paper makes a lot of difference. Also deciding that not every pencil/brush/pen stroke has to be perfect and being crap is perfectly fine, as long as I'm enjoying myself.

Also doing all the things Ms. van G, my art teacher, forbade: using an eraser, turning around my sketchbook to make drawing things easier and not having to justify everything I draw is freeing.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:25 PM   #42324
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
...Also deciding that not every pencil/brush/pen stroke has to be perfect and being crap is perfectly fine, as long as I'm enjoying myself.

Also doing all the things Ms. van G, my art teacher, forbade: using an eraser, turning around my sketchbook to make drawing things easier and not having to justify everything I draw is freeing.
You rule! I bet it's also slightly a feeling of flouting authority, so THERE, Ms. van G! Yes, anything you feel like drawing is valid to draw.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:41 AM   #42325
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
You rule! I bet it's also slightly a feeling of flouting authority, so THERE, Ms. van G! Yes, anything you feel like drawing is valid to draw.
I used to love drawing, but she took the joy out of it. For twenty years I've been trying to get back into it off and on. But it never worked. I realized recently that that's because I was still adhering to her stupid and senseless rules. I'm now starting at the beginning; I've got a book on drawing and following it. I'm going slow, but enjoying it. My goal is to do something creative every day, even if it is just sketching for 15 minutes or putting together a simple necklace.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:18 AM   #42326
Ralph Sir Edward
Gentleman & Cynic
Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook/Openinkpot, CYbook 3rd gen awaiting RTF software upgrade
Tinkering with my irrigation system.
Ralph Sir Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:44 PM   #42327
poohbear_nc
Be Afraid! Very Afraid!

Just got a Jackson Galaxy Air wand toy (https://www.amazon.com/Jackson-Galax...s%2C152&sr=8-3) and Pixie played until she collapsed asleep .... on the floor outside the closet where I have to store the cat toys.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:55 AM   #42328
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

Trying to decide where to place a small fridge. Two years ago I got a mini fridge, but I've outgrown it. I need a good freezer compartment and a bit more space to store my SodaStream bottles. I've chosen which fridge I want to get, I found that I can get it from one of our suppliers for over €100 less than online or in stores.

But it won't fit under my desk where I have my mini fridge. All places I had in mind are a little bit too small one way or another. I have one place it will fit, but I'll have to to move some stuff around.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:07 PM   #42329
poohbear_nc
Be Afraid! Very Afraid!

So, a small jumping spider has moved into my office, and taken up residence on my desk and adjoining shelves. He shows up in a different place every day, and is quite persistent as to wanting to remain with me. I even discovered him crawling over my arm while I was typing on my PC keyboard.

What to do?

I named him Herb ... and have saved his life from less arachno-tolerant coworkers.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:53 PM   #42330
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
Who are you, and what have you done with the real poohbear_nc?!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?