Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-22-2018, 06:03 PM   #466
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Does anyone know the earliest Kindle firmware version that supports the sqlite format for XRAY.entities.*.asc files?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 11:06 PM   #467
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Does anyone know the earliest Kindle firmware version that supports the sqlite format for XRAY.entities.*.asc files?
5.6 I think.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2018, 08:44 AM   #468
fardeenah
Enthusiast
fardeenah began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2015
does this work on kfx converted ebooks?
fardeenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:44 PM   #469
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fardeenah View Post
does this work on kfx converted ebooks?
By "kfx converted" do you mean KFX files themselves or something else? It will work on any mobi/azw3 but not KFX.
So far I haven't seen a situation where KFX support would be useful, what are you trying to do?

Last edited by Ephemerality; 11-27-2018 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:59 AM   #470
kript96
Enthusiast
kript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle PW (2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
By "kfx converted" do you mean KFX files themselves or something else? It will work on any mobi/azw3 but not KFX.
So far I haven't seen a situation where KFX support would be useful, what are you trying to do?
I think convert mobi/azw3 to have books with hyphenation by default?
kript96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2018, 08:19 AM   #471
fardeenah
Enthusiast

well i convert all my books to to kfx using the kfx plugin. i do these to get proper hypernation and the newest enhanced type settings as well as multiple page previews etc. i once used hyphernate plugin on awz3 files and it broke x ray for me.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:23 PM   #472
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
well i convert all my books to to kfx using the kfx plugin. i do these to get proper hypernation and the newest enhanced type settings as well as multiple page previews etc. i once used hyphernate plugin on awz3 files and it broke x ray for me.
Oh, I didn't know there was a KFX plugin now, I thought they were only coming from Amazon. If it's actually being used legitimately, I can look into supporting it.
X-Ray Builder is also supposed to handle hyphenation properly so if it didn't work for you, I would be interested in seeing a sample AZW3 if you could send me one.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:14 PM   #473
fardeenah
Enthusiast

about the kfx plugin, here's a link
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291290

about the azw3, i just converted any awz3 with the Hyphenate This!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=208534

this is what breaks x ray a little
Old 11-29-2018, 11:44 PM   #474
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:

Ok cool, I'll do some investigating and let you know when I know more.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:11 PM   #475
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. I've been working on adding KFX support but having issues with mapping locations in the text to the values that go into the x-ray database.
Metadata extraction works fine though, I might just release partial support so you can still build something at least.

I've uploaded a new version, 2.1.51, which fixes some issues with parsing Goodreads and Amazon pages.

I tried Hyphenate This on a book and built an X-Ray for it, but it seemed to work ok for me. What issues did you run into with it?

Last edited by Ephemerality; 02-09-2019 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:21 PM   #476
Taubin
Taubin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7
Unfortunately I'm recieving errors with the latest version and the output files aren't saved. I've tried a few books and all come up with the same errors.

Code:
Grayscale base64-encoded author image created!
Gathering author's other books...
Gathering metadata for other books...
Writing Author Profile to file...
Author Profile file created successfully!
Saved to D:\X-Ray Builder\out\Bret Easton Ellis\American psycho.sdr\AuthorProfile.profile.B003O86QBW.asc
Attempting to build Start Actions and End Actions...
Attempting to find book on Amazon...
Book found on Amazon!
Gathering recommended book metadata...
The book was not found to be part of a series.
Typical time to read: 0 days, 8 hours, and 12 minutes (382 pages)
Writing EndActions to file...
EndActions file created successfully!
Saved to D:\X-Ray Builder\out\Bret Easton Ellis\American psycho.sdr\EndActions.data.B003O86QBW.asc
Attempting to download Start Actions...
No pre-made Start Actions available, building...
An error occurred while creating the new Author Profile, Start Actions, and/or End Actions files:
Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at XRayBuilderGUI.ExtensionMethods.Replace[TKey](Dictionary`2 dic, String needle, String replacement)
   at XRayBuilderGUI.EndActions.GenerateStartActionsFromBase(StartActions baseStartActions)
   at XRayBuilderGUI.UI.frmMain.<btnKindleExtras_Run>d__27.MoveNext()
Extracting metadata...
Got metadata!
Database Name: American_psycho
UniqueID: 3071306360
Book's Goodreads URL: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8545154
Attempting to build X-Ray...
Offset: 0
Downloading Goodreads page...
Gathering term information from Goodreads... (6)
Downloading notable clips...
Splitting aliases using custom common titles file...
Characters exported to D:\X-Ray Builder\ext\B003O86QBW.aliases for adding aliases.
6 Terms found on Goodreads:
Courtney Lawrence, Timothy Price, Paul Owen, Patrick Bateman, Luis Carruthers, Evelyn Richards, 
Character aliases read from D:\X-Ray Builder\ext\B003O86QBW.aliases.
Initial X-Ray built, adding locations and chapters...
An error occurred while building the X-Ray:
Cannot access a closed file.
   at System.IO.__Error.FileNotOpen()
   at System.IO.FileStream.Seek(Int64 offset, SeekOrigin origin)
   at XRayBuilderGUI.Unpack.Mobi.Metadata.GetRawMl()
   at XRayBuilderGUI.Unpack.Mobi.Metadata.GetRawMlStream()
   at XRayBuilderGUI.UI.frmMain.<>c__DisplayClass25_0.<btnBuild_Run>b__2()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   at XRayBuilderGUI.UI.frmMain.<btnBuild_Run>d__25.MoveNext()
I can provide a copy of the book if needed. Please let me know if any more information is needed as well. Cheers.
Taubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:24 PM   #477
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taubin View Post
Unfortunately I'm recieving errors with the latest version and the output files aren't saved. I've tried a few books and all come up with the same errors.

Code:
Grayscale base64-encoded author image created!
Gathering author's other books...
Gathering metadata for other books...
Writing Author Profile to file...
Author Profile file created successfully!
Saved to D:\X-Ray Builder\out\Bret Easton Ellis\American psycho.sdr\AuthorProfile.profile.B003O86QBW.asc
Attempting to build Start Actions and End Actions...
Attempting to find book on Amazon...
Book found on Amazon!
Gathering recommended book metadata...
The book was not found to be part of a series.
Typical time to read: 0 days, 8 hours, and 12 minutes (382 pages)
Writing EndActions to file...
EndActions file created successfully!
Saved to D:\X-Ray Builder\out\Bret Easton Ellis\American psycho.sdr\EndActions.data.B003O86QBW.asc
Attempting to download Start Actions...
No pre-made Start Actions available, building...
An error occurred while creating the new Author Profile, Start Actions, and/or End Actions files:
Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at XRayBuilderGUI.ExtensionMethods.Replace[TKey](Dictionary`2 dic, String needle, String replacement)
   at XRayBuilderGUI.EndActions.GenerateStartActionsFromBase(StartActions baseStartActions)
   at XRayBuilderGUI.UI.frmMain.<btnKindleExtras_Run>d__27.MoveNext()
Extracting metadata...
Got metadata!
Database Name: American_psycho
UniqueID: 3071306360
Book's Goodreads URL: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8545154
Attempting to build X-Ray...
Offset: 0
Downloading Goodreads page...
Gathering term information from Goodreads... (6)
Downloading notable clips...
Splitting aliases using custom common titles file...
Characters exported to D:\X-Ray Builder\ext\B003O86QBW.aliases for adding aliases.
6 Terms found on Goodreads:
Courtney Lawrence, Timothy Price, Paul Owen, Patrick Bateman, Luis Carruthers, Evelyn Richards, 
Character aliases read from D:\X-Ray Builder\ext\B003O86QBW.aliases.
Initial X-Ray built, adding locations and chapters...
An error occurred while building the X-Ray:
Cannot access a closed file.
   at System.IO.__Error.FileNotOpen()
   at System.IO.FileStream.Seek(Int64 offset, SeekOrigin origin)
   at XRayBuilderGUI.Unpack.Mobi.Metadata.GetRawMl()
   at XRayBuilderGUI.Unpack.Mobi.Metadata.GetRawMlStream()
   at XRayBuilderGUI.UI.frmMain.<>c__DisplayClass25_0.<btnBuild_Run>b__2()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   at XRayBuilderGUI.UI.frmMain.<btnBuild_Run>d__25.MoveNext()
I can provide a copy of the book if needed. Please let me know if any more information is needed as well. Cheers.
Sorry about that! Give this one a try: https://github.com/Ephemerality/xray...ui-v2.1.73.zip (also uploaded to first post)
Old 06-04-2019, 08:35 PM   #478
Taubin
Taubin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
Sorry about that! Give this one a try: https://github.com/Ephemerality/xray...ui-v2.1.73.zip (also uploaded to first post)
That worked, thank you very much!
Taubin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
x-ray