Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-03-2019, 08:42 AM   #1
a.peter
Enthusiast
a.peter began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle Touch
[GUI Plugin] Sum Column

A simple GUI plugin to sum up configurable columns of the selected books.

The idea came when in somebody in a german eBook forum asked if such a plugin did exist. No one knew of a plugin like this. The alternative of exporting a book list to CSV and do the evaluation inside a spreadsheet application was annoying.

So i decided to write a simple plugin to sum up numerical columns. Here it is.

Features
  • Configure which user defined numerical columns should be summed up
  • Sum up these columns for all selected books
  • Displays the result inside a dialog and the status bar
  • Prepared to work inside the Favourites Menu

Notes
The plugin was only tested with Calibre 3.40.1. If you encounter issues with older versions, please contact me.

Participate
If you want to participate in developing this plugin, e.g. by adding translations, you can find the git repository with the source code on GitHub.

Donations
If you feel that this plugin is worht paying for it, then just select a charity organization of your choice and donate some money.

Version History
Spoiler:

Version 0.3.0, 2019-04-03
First version with multiple columns to be configered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sum_column_0.3.0_config.png
Views:	148
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	170564   Click image for larger version

Name:	sum_column_0.3.0_result.png
Views:	151
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	170565  
Attached Files
File Type: zip sum_column_plugin-0.3.0.zip (13.3 KB, 62 views)
a.peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:50 PM   #2
shadowrain
shadowrain began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
Thank you for making this! It's exactly what I was looking for. I keep a page number value for each book and this makes it easy to see how many pages I've read total from a list of books.
shadowrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2019, 04:22 PM   #3
Bookstooge
Enthusiast
Bookstooge calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Bookstooge calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Bookstooge calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Bookstooge calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Bookstooge calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Bookstooge calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Bookstooge calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Bookstooge calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Bookstooge calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Bookstooge calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Bookstooge calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
I just added this this morning and joined MR because I wanted to say thanks and I had a question.

I have the Count Pages plugin with it's custom column and your plugin allows me to add up my monthly pages read extremely easy. I also use the custom "rating" column as opposed to the supplied "Rating" column as that gives me half stars. My question is, can I use this plugin to add up all my monthly ratings?
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #4
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac OS X, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 6, iBooks, Kindle for Mac & PC
Thank you very much for making this plugin @a.peter. Just what I was after in order to sum up the amount I have spent on all my books. I can also work out Australian dollars and Japanese yen. Now I don't need to export the data and work it out, although after working out the amount I've spent on ebooks with your plugin ...maybe I don't need to know I have spend over AU$5000 on ebooks/manga, although I'm sure others have spent a lot more.

Suggestion for additional feature:
  • Being about the filter the count (costs in my case) using other columns like author, tags or source. You could currently do this individually if you filtered before you counted, but it would be great if your plugin could also do the filtering and display it filtered.

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:59 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Interesting plugin. You already have a pull request for the Spanish translation
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, plugin