Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-29-2019, 11:09 AM   #16
Paperbackstash
Addict
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 (Inis Odyssey) PW 3 (Moonsliver), Fire HD 2ndG (Nostromo)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
MAKE Sure that the PW4 Is the Device you pick to Auto Download to under your devices on your PC. It Works!!
It's always been set as my default. That hasn't changed, it's just since this newest firmware it no longer auto-downloads.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:48 AM   #17
R Wilcox
R Wilcox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2nd Gen
Tech support must have done something behind the scenes because - fingers crossed - auto-download has started working again on the replacement Oasis. It's started working on Thursday evening, and is still working now. Or perhaps clearing the kindle's job list took a couple of days to kick in. Or the old joke about complaining on the internet resulting in a magic fix to any problem is true. Not sure. It's also indexing while plugged in and in sleep mode now. Battery life seems a bit better too; I read for half an hour before sleep last night with airplane mode on and the light at 8, and the indicator didn't budge from 100%.

I don't have the 5.11.2 firmware so I can't point to that as the potential solution.

It's taken 5 months of problems, multiple calls to support, and one replacement device, but I now have an Oasis which behaves like my previous three kindles. Hope it lasts because I do love having page turn buttons on my kindles.

For other suffers, it might be worth contacting support. I used the kindle support > problem with a device > problem with ebooks > phone me pathway on the website.
R Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:18 PM   #18
Paperbackstash
Addict
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Glad your issue has been fixed!
Old 06-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #19
Paperbackstash
Addict

My problem apparently fixed too. I havent installed the new firmware yet. Working as of this morning - yay!