Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #1
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Inkpad 3 - PDF highlighting

Hello

Interested to try an Inkpad 3 mostly for PDF reading I'd like to know how reactive and sensitive it is for highlighting text in PDF files. I'm ready to install koreader or any reader that could be better than the native PDF reader if needed.

Is it easy to highlight sentences with this ereader, starting and stopping when you want? Is it fast? How does it compare to Kobo/Kindle (kindle being faster than Kobo..)

Thanks!
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:43 PM   #2
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
First, I don't recommend getting any e-reader if you main purpose is pdf. Use a tablet. (Or maybe the Remarkable.)

But, I just opened the included user manual (pdf) and it was fine doing high lights. Pretty much the same as with epub. (I was actually a bit suprised that it worked as well as it did. Maybe this is a very simple pdf, or I'm being a bit prejudice towards pdfs.... )

It's not as precise as I would like, if you want to change a highlight, it can be a bit of a burdon, but it works.

For me, it works just a tiny bit better than on my Kobo.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:17 PM   #3
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Thanks for your answer.

I agree that ereaders aren't perfect for PDF, but still easier on the eyes than a tablet. And more minimalist, which is great to avoid getting distracted when reading. I read quite a lot of PDF on a Kobo H2o with no trouble, but a bigger screen would be better.

Are you using the default PDF reader or Koreader?
Old 02-19-2019, 04:26 PM   #4
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
default.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:14 PM   #5
datanoise
Groupie

Ok, thanks.