Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-02-2019, 12:46 AM   #1
randoneur
randoneur began at the beginning.

Device: tolino
importing odt; get metadata from text

Hi,

here is a problem, with that i am struggeling for quite some time now.

I have a bunch of .odt files (2k++) that i want to import into calibre and subsequently to my device.

the Text on every one is formated as:

<h1>title
<h5>author
(<h2> chapter)
text

with the <h#> as the header-degree
not every file has "chapters", but first and second line should allway be interpreted to title and author.

Is there a civiliced way for the batch-import or do i have to get an intern to do this for me by hand?
randoneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can write a metadata reading plugin for odt to replace the builtin one that extract this information.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:47 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Also Calibre does use some or all of Title, subject, keywords, comment in ODT Properties->Description and user name of LibreOffice/OpenOffice Options if Properties Use user data is ticked.

Or Save As Open XML .docx format, which oddly seems to result in better formatting of ePubs (can't see difference on AZW3). I do have a problem that conversion to Mobi has incorrect page breaks and regards H1, H2, H3, H4 etc as outline levels with bullet numbers, rather than un-numbered.

I don't use H1, H2, etc except for items to be in TOC. I use other styles for Title, Subtitle, Series, Author etc.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author, import, metadata, odt, tag