Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
yov9
yov9 began at the beginning.

Device: none
should i buy a reader in china?

Hey there, been reading for a while, first comment.

I was waiting a long time for a perfect reader for my needs (pdf\chm support, RTL language support and maybe some color)

Recently I gave up waiting and decided to buy myself my first reader. my first idea was to buy a kindle (well known pros and cons, high availability), but since i am going to visit china next month, i started thinking about buying it over there, and maybe get something closer to what i wanted.

so, if anyone did the same \ happens to know something on the subject, please let me know

cheers
yov9
yov9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Welcome to MR.
The Hanvon E920 seems promising, (if you can find it).
Try your luck. Check out the discussions here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148052
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
By all accounts, you won't get a device any cheaper in China, and after-sales service could be problematic in the event of problems. I'd stick with the Kindle if I were you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
What if your perfect device bought in China, starts malfunctioning or gets God forbid, broken? How would you get a warranty service for it?
I'd stick to those devices that provide warranty services in your country.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote