Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #76
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It selects more than one post to be quoted in a reply. Took me a bit to work out how to use it: click the multi-quote button in two (or more) posts, and then click the "New Reply" button at the the end of the thread. Both/All he posts you selected will be quoted in the reply box.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:45 PM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
It selects more than one post to be quoted in a reply. Took me a bit to work out how to use it: click the multi-quote button in two (or more) posts, and then click the "New Reply" button at the the end of the thread. Both/All he posts you selected will be quoted in the reply box.
Thanks! That might do what I want until the forum is fixed to do it the way it should.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #78
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Two little gripes...

If I am the originator of a thread, when I edit the message, I'd like to be able to change the topic of the entire thread, and not just the subtopic for that post.

Also, if I made a post, I'd like to be able to delete it if I choose to.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #79
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I'm finding today that MobileRead is taking a long time at times to connect and I'm getting a lot of timeouts. This started yeserday with a timeout that lasted maybe 30 min and today it's not good.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:52 AM   #80
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm finding today that MobileRead is taking a long time at times to connect and I'm getting a lot of timeouts. This started yeserday with a timeout that lasted maybe 30 min and today it's not good.
I am sorry for the timeouts everyone must have had yesterday and also this morning. We were installing an iSCSI-SAN storage device (for backup purposes) which, beside other stuff, involved adding another network card. Didn't work properly after the first time so we had to reboot one more time this morning.

Other than that I hope you have a good connection to the site. You should experience a considerable improvement to the "old" MobileRead which was hosted on a less powerful server.

If you have connectivity problems, feel free to PM me a log of your traceroute to www.mobileread.com.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2007, 10:19 AM   #81
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I am sorry for the timeouts everyone must have had yesterday and also this morning. We were installing an iSCSI-SAN storage device (for backup purposes) which, beside other stuff, involved adding another network card. Didn't work properly after the first time so we had to reboot one more time this morning.

Other than that I hope you have a good connection to the site. You should experience a considerable improvement to the "old" MobileRead which was hosted on a less powerful server.

If you have connectivity problems, feel free to PM me a log of your traceroute to www.mobileread.com.
To be honest, I think some of the problem may have been my router. I reset both the router and the modem and so far so good.

Jon

P.S. I am still getting some timeouts even still. I did some tracerouts and it seems like the issue may be at level 3 in New York and/or Washington.

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-13-2007 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:30 AM   #82
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I saw the stoppage of and on for an hour or so, early yesterday evening (CST), but it's been fine since then.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 01:17 PM   #83
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I saw the stoppage of and on for an hour or so, early yesterday evening (CST), but it's been fine since then.
I am having to refresh sometimes today to get it to work.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #84
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

JSWolf, are you using IE by any chance? We discovered some HTML code that caused IE to display our pages very slowly. It's now been fixed.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:05 AM   #85
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I use Firefox. I have the lasted non-beta edition (2.0.0.4)
Old 06-18-2007, 10:51 AM   #86
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
I use Firefox. I have the lasted non-beta edition (2.0.0.4)
Do you still have problems?
Old 06-18-2007, 12:09 PM   #87
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Problems seem to have vanished. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2007, 12:10 PM   #88
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Problems seem to have vanished. Thanks!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:32 PM   #89
rbentley101
rbentley101 began at the beginning.

Comics Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
True. We don't want to host this feature on MR anymore, but I will give you a link once it's moved to another domain. Good catch
Alex,

Any update on when and where this may return?
rbentley101 is offline   Reply With Quote