Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-01-2016, 07:07 AM   #1636
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
When I added the ignore collections option, I messed up the interaction between it and the delete empty collections option. I have fixed that and it should be in calibre 2.66 and later. But, there might be something more going on. Can you run in debug mode and send me the log? And tell me which collections you are expecting to be removed.
It's already working in this release, thank you very much.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:38 PM   #1637
Margot1975
Margot1975 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Cannot send epubs to kobo glo hd

Windows 10 newest update (107??)
reinstalled kobo drivers
hard reset ereader device

After sending books to my kobo glo hd I get this error:

calibre, version 2.69.0
FOUT: Fout: Fout bij communicatie met apparaat

Failed to parse 'Silber 03 - Het derde boek der dromen' by 'Kerstin
Gier' with error: '8b5fe9c3e2ad.html' (file:
calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 344)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 584, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 335, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1946, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 245, in _modify_epub
InvalidEPub: Failed to parse 'Silber 03 - Het derde boek der dromen' by 'Kerstin Gier' with error: '8b5fe9c3e2ad.html' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 344)
Margot1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2016, 01:46 PM   #1638
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Hai landgenoot
There is a problem within some versions of Windows 10 (for as far as I understand) that makes it not possible for the device to connect, again as far as I know there must come an update from Windows itself to solve this, there are a lot more people with this problem.. I don't know if there is a work around.. But if you search with Windows 10 and Kobe you must find it for sure.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:50 PM   #1639
Margot1975
Margot1975 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi Nick,

I know the problem with W10, and I think this error is not related to this problem.
Some articles mention a specific patch which I already installed.

But off course I can be wrong about this.
Margot1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:00 PM   #1640
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
It should be simple to see if it is possible just with Explorer to add files to the device, then at least you know if it is Windows related or not, but because I didn't switch to Windows 10 I can't recall every thread.. There are similar problems here with the solution to delete a configuration file so read a little bit back to see if yours there, or wait, the response time is fast in this thread by jgoguen.

Last edited by Nick_1964; 10-11-2016 at 02:02 PM.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2016, 08:37 PM   #1641
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margot1975 View Post
Windows 10 newest update (107??)
reinstalled kobo drivers
hard reset ereader device

After sending books to my kobo glo hd I get this error:

calibre, version 2.69.0
FOUT: Fout: Fout bij communicatie met apparaat

Failed to parse 'Silber 03 - Het derde boek der dromen' by 'Kerstin
Gier' with error: '8b5fe9c3e2ad.html' (file:
calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 344)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 584, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 335, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1946, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 245, in _modify_epub
InvalidEPub: Failed to parse 'Silber 03 - Het derde boek der dromen' by 'Kerstin Gier' with error: '8b5fe9c3e2ad.html' (file: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, line: 344)
The error happens in the code to change the epub to a kepub or make one of the other changes to the epub that the driver does. And it appears that the file "8b5fe9c3e2ad.html" cannot be parsed. That suggests there are errors in the epub and specifically in "8b5fe9c3e2ad.html". Can you open the epub in the calibre editor and run the error check? I expect there will be errors found. If so, fix them and try sending the book again.

If there are no errors, then the epub will probably be needed for debugging. If the book is copyrighted, it cannot be posted here. There are instructions in the first post for reporting errors and including files.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:57 AM   #1642
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margot1975 View Post
Hi Nick,

I know the problem with W10, and I think this error is not related to this problem.
Some articles mention a specific patch which I already installed.

But off course I can be wrong about this.
I recently installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update and made sure it was fully patched. I then plugged in my H2O and it worked perfectly.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:23 AM   #1643
p1r473
p1r473 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
So is this plugin working great with the Aura One yet?
p1r473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:13 AM   #1644
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Yes it is
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:29 AM   #1645
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1r473 View Post
So is this plugin working great with the Aura One yet?
Support for the devices comes from the KoboTouch driver. As long as that supports a new device, this will as well.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:04 PM   #1646
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Is there a known problem with pop-up footnotes not displaying italics when using the Kobo Touch Extended driver to convert from epub to kepub on the fly? I'm reading a book with a lot of footnotes (endnotes, actually), and they pop up like they are supposed to, but no italics are ever displayed in the pop-up. If I look at the endnotes in Sigil or Calibre, the italics are there, and if I navigate to the actual endnote at the back of the book on the device, the italics are also displayed, but there are no italics in the pop-up, ever. Just wondering if it's something I'm doing wrong or if it's a known issue. Thanks.

Last edited by icallaci; 11-25-2016 at 09:15 AM.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 05:53 AM   #1647
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The footnotes are out of the drivers control. The kepub reader looks at the link and the linked destination and text to decide whether to use a link or not.

My guess would be that the kepub reader is removing all formatting when displaying the text. Italic and bold would seem OK to keep, but what if the style used set a giant font? Using the bare text is probably best for simplicity and safety.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:15 AM   #1648
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The footnotes are out of the drivers control. The kepub reader looks at the link and the linked destination and text to decide whether to use a link or not.

My guess would be that the kepub reader is removing all formatting when displaying the text. Italic and bold would seem OK to keep, but what if the style used set a giant font? Using the bare text is probably best for simplicity and safety.
OK, thanks, I thought it might be something like that. Tickles my slightly obsessive need to check for correct punctuation, etc. in ebooks, but I'll get over it. The convenience of pop-up footnotes is worth it. Thanks.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 05:27 AM   #1649
Handsome2000
Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.Handsome2000 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo aura one
I just transfered a kepub book to my aura one with calibre today but when I click to this book in my reader then the reader restarts itself.. what can be the problem and how can I solve this issue? Thanks..
Handsome2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 05:56 AM   #1650
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome2000 View Post
I just transfered a kepub book to my aura one with calibre today but when I click to this book in my reader then the reader restarts itself.. what can be the problem and how can I solve this issue? Thanks..
It most likely means there is something wrong with the code in the book.

But, exactly what is the format of the book? Is this an epub sent to the device using this driver? If so, I recommend running some sort of check on it to see if it is OK. The check in the calibre editor is probably enough, as is that in Sigil. Otherwise, try epubcheck.

Or is it already in kepub format before sending? If so, what is the source of the book? A conversion or has it come from somewhere else?

Tags
error, kobo aura one