Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:03 AM   #31
Ezmegaz
Ezmegaz began at the beginning.

Device: none - phone whit ebook reader software
pls help me choice (only the God knows who will win, maybe I =D)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...379#post487379
Old 06-11-2009, 09:04 AM   #32
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
Please consider this message as my official entry into the giveaway.

I have been wanting to "upgrade" my reader for some time now, but, unfortunately, all of the possibilities I have considered seem to be asking for remuneration of one sort or another. Also unfortunately, the economy has contributed toward a lack of ability to come up with the required funds.

Thank you for providing this opportunity.
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #33
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
@ moejoe
If that's the case I have the best set of abs... and a itchy belly button

Last edited by Alphapheemail; 06-11-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:06 AM   #34
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Enter to win!

I am entering the giveaway.

It should be me that wins this giveaway, because I'm still reading on a Blackberry and can't decide which device I want as my first e-reader. If I win, I'll have to decide right then instead of the inevitable waffling waiting for the 'next great thing' to hit e-readers. Thanks for the chance.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:08 AM   #35
strangeseraph
Connoisseur
strangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Why you should pick me?

- I AM CANADIAN!!!
- I do not own an ebook reader yet, because I really can't afford it. :/ I'm nursing my ebook addiction with a Sony PSP's html web browser and fanfiction.net
- I turned 27 in May!
- My boyfriend lives in Britain. Long distance relationships mean long nights reading alone in bed. An ebook reader might convince me to stop buying Harlequin pulp romance novels and subscribe to their ebook service instead.
- SAVE THE TREES!

Last edited by strangeseraph; 06-11-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #36
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
You're such a nice guy, Alexander! I am certain you're going to enjoy giving away another device to some happy member. Did you know that we talk about you all the time at parties in The Llounge? Rest assured that all the comments are glowing (except, of course, about that unfortunate business with your hair - don't worry, you might look better without it). Good on ya!

(No, this is not an entry.)
Old 06-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #37
crazyTash
Enthusiast
crazyTash began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, eBookwise 1150
I definitely want to enter!

Why should you pick me...lets see....

1] Space: I currently own an eBookwise and a 64 MB smart media card. I'm running out of space! :'(
Currently if I want to read a new book, I have to first finish reading one of the book on my card before I can load the new one. This gets very annoying when I want to read a book as soon as I get my (virtual?) hands on it! And deleting a book from the card is not an option! Don't even suggest it!

2] Money: If you are wondering why I bought an eBookwise instead of one of the "fancy" readers...money. I'll be honest, I can afford one of the expensive readers. But I can't justify such an expensive purchase for pleasure.

3] eInk: Need I say more? I want in on the action too!

4] Technology: When I get my hand on a new gadget my heart beats faster

5] Obsession: Whenever I go to the mall, I visit the Sony Store. Just to see the pretty reader. I'm quite sure if there was a physical Amazon store around, I would have moved to be closer to it!

... and that's all I have to say about that.

References:
- Forrest Gump (1994)

Last edited by crazyTash; 06-11-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #38
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I would like to win a Sony - or a couple of EBW1150's. I mention the 1150's because they are so sturdy and virtually unbreakable. If I were to win a new ebook reader, I would like to donate it to the pediatric bone marrow transplant unit here where I work. Those kids and teens have already been through tortures, and now they are cooped up in a sterile enviroment, very sick, and frightened.

An ebook reader would be great to have on the unit for the kids and teens, because of it being hard metal/plastic and easy to sterilize, as opposed to whatever contamination comes in with pbooks.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:17 AM   #39
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I am not entering. Bottom line is that I already have a Sony 505, love it, and can't see how I could manage to read with 2 devices simultaneously. So I hope someone who does need a device -- either first time or to replace one that is not providing a great reading experience -- wins.

But when you do decide to give away a Plastic Logic device, let me know, because then I will definitely enter. I look forward to reading my daily New York Times and weekly The Economist, as well as the other print magazines to which I subscribe on the Plastic Logic (Of course, I'm assuming the the Plastic Logic will be like the video I saw here on MR).

Last edited by rhadin; 06-11-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #40
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I would like to win a Sony - or a couple of EBW1150's. I mention the 1150's because they are so sturdy and virtually unbreakable. If I were to win a new ebook reader, I would like to donate it to the pediatric bone marrow transplant unit here where I work. Those kids and teens have already been through tortures, and now they are cooped up in a sterile enviroment, very sick, and frightened.

An ebook reader would be great to have on the unit for the kids and teens, because of it being hard metal/plastic and easy to sterilize, as opposed to whatever contamination comes in with pbooks.
DixieGal, FWIW you have my vote. I think this is an excellent reason to win.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #41
strangeseraph
Connoisseur
strangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enough

This isn't my entry, mine is above. Does EBAY count as a store that accepts paypal and international credit card?

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 06-11-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: I think we need to exclude Ebay. Ebay sellers often require Paypal address = shipping address
Old 06-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #42
strangeseraph
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post

This is a worthy cause! D: I'd vote for you!

Maybe we SHOULD do this, I mean, have a sort of regular charity drive where members can donate their old readers to good causes, or donate money to the purchasing of new ebook readers for hospitals and the like. What'dya think?

Don't want to hijack this member's post or this thread, so we could have a topic about this in the forum maybe?

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 06-11-2009 at 09:23 AM. Reason: i think this is an excellent idea. please do start a thread in the lounge !
Old 06-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #43
TwiSteDCBloSsoM
Enthusiast
TwiSteDCBloSsoM doesn't litterTwiSteDCBloSsoM doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I am Entering the Giveaway!

Reasons I think I should win:

I'm allergic to light an to myself ( I'm being serious here!)
I have nothing better to do than read, seeing as I can't work
I want to be able to Give it to my Mother because of everything she's done for me with me being really sick!
Buying ebooks would save my mom money and so we'd have extra money for once!
My mom is the best mom ever and she deserves something awesome!
Because it's good for travel, so my mom could have more than 1 thing to read at all my doctors appointments!

I sound sappy, but my mom is the best mom ever and she deserves more than I can give her!

If I win I'd want the Sony Reader PRS-505 for her!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:48 AM   #44
tao
Book Lover
tao began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Kindle 3
I am entering the giveaway.

It should be me that wins this giveaway, because
- First post, should have beginner’s luck
- Avid ebook reader since I have my Palm III many many years ago, and to avoid blind myself, I should have a nice e-ink device,
- I want to save more trees
- I want to get a Kindle 2

Keep my fingers crossed. 
Old 06-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #45
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
This is a sad day... I would like to enter this contest however there are no readers sold locally here

...which could be a good reason why I should win, right? Kind of like a make-a-wish foundation...

Think of it like this, I own a PRS700 in a country without them, should mine break what would be of me? Oh, the angst...

Last edited by el.astrologo; 06-11-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: typo
Closed Thread