Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-27-2018, 12:22 AM   #1
steris8
steris8 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unable to search Multiple Library

I have two library on my Computer with Content Server, in CC when i try to connect and search a book in Library 2, i obtain search results from Library 1. I'm unable to search a book in Library 2.

A solution?
steris8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:39 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by steris8 View Post
I have two library on my Computer with Content Server, in CC when i try to connect and search a book in Library 2, i obtain search results from Library 1. I'm unable to search a book in Library 2.

A solution?
Which CC are you running, iOS or Android?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2018, 04:03 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you are running Android then I can confirm that search only works on the default library.

I will release a fix once I finish all the work to handle the Android 8 (Oreo) "can no longer pass files to apps" changes, which are complex and invasive.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:55 AM   #4
steris8
steris8 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have CC Android. Is it possible to use or search in virtual libraries instead?
I mean, i make 2 or more virtual libraries on my PC and use CC to search among them...

Using "vl" as search term.
steris8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 06:37 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steris8 View Post
I have CC Android. Is it possible to use or search in virtual libraries instead?
I mean, i make 2 or more virtual libraries on my PC and use CC to search among them...

Using "vl" as search term.
Searches in the content server connection can be any valid calibre search expression, so yes you can search virtual libraries assuming that you are running calibre 3.7 or later. Remember that library names used in vl: search terms are case sensitive. vl:foo and vl:Foo are different.
Advert