Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #76
Zuphael
Zuphael began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
So here we go: German Translation with some minor bugs, and no images translated!

https://rapidshare.com/files/2368607...loc_de_0.2.zip
Zuphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:42 AM   #77
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4
Zuphael, when you done, send sources to me (rsoft (at) tut.by) and I add them to Google codes, or DIY.
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #78
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Zuphael,
would you upload your translated files to make some "finetuning" on typos and spelling please?
Not sure if I am able to compile afterwards, never done before, but want to avoid to translate again the whole thing...
diba
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:07 AM   #79
Kikko2000
Kikko2000 began at the beginning.

Is anyone able to point me which original jar file(s) contains locale strings?
Kikko2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #80
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikko2000 View Post
Is anyone able to point me which original jar file(s) contains locale strings?
There is lot of files. If you wish, you can find already translated files in Russian localization. Each file corresponds with original file.
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 10:12 AM   #81
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Alex, is the GitHub down? No clue how to download from google, can view and read single files. How to download i.e. loc_es.
Have the GitHub files, are they up to date, then no need to get them from Google, but some time loc_de will be there ....
Old 07-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #82
Sir Alex
Groupie

@diba, See http://code.google.com/p/k3-loc/downloads/list, I just added completed archive with all sources.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #83
diba
Addict

Great, THX, any reason why this package is half the size of the one on GitHub?
Old 07-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #84
diba
Addict

Additional question, Alex. How could I extract the necessary files from Zuphaels already created loc_de_0.2 bin. I am lazy and would like to avoid translating the whole stuff again. Would just amend the one or other wording and typos.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #85
Frawi
Frawi began at the beginning.

Hi from Austria,
my mother is interested in a Kindle, but unfortunatelly she cannot speak/read english. So she could use the Kindle only with a german user interface.
After reading this thread I know that there's a german localization. But what I didn't understand: how do I get it to the Kindle? So my questions: is there some kind of manual how to do it, that describes:
- What do I have to download (from where)?
- How do I install it?
- How do I unstall it if needed?
- What will happen if Kindle updates automatically?
(I've downloaded loc_de_0.2 bin, but not sure what to do with it)
Hopefully someone can give me some hints. Thank you very much indeed!
Frank

Last edited by Frawi; 08-01-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Frawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #86
diba
Addict

@Frawi:
First you have to buy a Kindle ;-))
Second jailbreak it, easy with 3.1 firmware, somehow tricky with 3.2 as far as I know
This is to move the downloaded loc-de to the root of kindle and update

All steps are described in detail in threads here in the forum.
German loc is good with some really minor typos and 2 or three russion characters, nothing your grandma will even realize.

Even non english speakers should have any problems with the kindle, really easy to use...

In case of further need of help, send a PM and I help in German, even if you are from Austria !!!
Old 08-02-2011, 02:10 AM   #87
Frawi

Hi diba,

of course I have a Kindle - that's the reason my mother (not grandma) wants to have one, too - but only if she can use it without learning english.

So if I understand correctly, to try it on my Kindle, first I have to download and install this jailbreak (never heard about that before) for firmware 3.1. If I buy another Kindle 3 (the one for my mother's birthday) it will have firmware v3.2.1 and I'll need another jailbreak (and it seems to be unsure if it will work)? After that I have to install the loc_de_0.2 bin I downloaded? And if Amazon will send send another update to v3.2.3 to all Kindles everyting will start from the beginning? Hmmmmmmmm..... I have to think about that.

Thanks and best regards!
Frank
Old 08-02-2011, 03:23 AM   #88
diba
Addict

But you do not need to update the firmware, if you are happy with the one on your kindle, so if you give yours with 3.1 to her and you yourself the new one ..., even not sure if all new kindles are coming with 3.2.1.
But as said, with 3.1 it is easy ..., for the jailbreak take this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122519
br
Dietmar
Old 08-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #89
diba
Addict

Hi, does anyone have the files from Sir Alex, hosted on GitHub. I would need the english version of the ui (the pictures) On google he has uploaded only translated versions.
diba
Old 08-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #90
Frawi

Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
But you do not need to update the firmware,...
Dietmar
Hi Dietmar,

during the update to 3.1 I had no choice if I wanted to install it or no...

But no matter, I think I'll try it in the next days. One last question: I'm not sure how to install this German loc (after installing the jailbreak). Is it as simple as I think: extract the files from the zip to the Kindle root directory and then use the Kindle update mechanism?

Regards!
Frank

Tags
localization