Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #91
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmy View Post
Does Amazon still let you buy the Kindle over 4 payments? I don't see it mentioned on their site.

I think you still get the option right at check out for the 6 month financing at least.

I am getting OCD on my battery life. I charged it to 100% yesterday maybe did 1 hr of reading or less since , on airplane mode and battery was already down to 87% this morning.

At least the waterproofing works. Can of soda exploded in my purse, still working
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:34 AM   #92
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkisharif View Post
I just purchased the Champagne Oasis last week & I love it. It’s my first e-reader..I know I’m late to the party Lol. I just recently moved to NYC, so the kindle was the perfect solution to my limited space issue.

So glad I found this forum. I’m looking forward to learning more & more about e-readers😊
An impressive choice for a first e-reader. I have the Graphite 7" Oasis and I love it. Welcome to MobileRead!
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2018, 08:57 AM   #93
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElspethB View Post
While it's not a blue light filter or ComfortLight, I really enjoy reading my Oasis with white text on black background at night. I find it very comfortable. On the rare occasions when I've tried reading my Voyage at night instead of my Oasis, the white background bothers me now (although I didn't mind it as much before I got the Oasis with its invert mode).
The invert mode with comfort light is amazing. If Kobo or Amazon had a reasonably priced 6" with buttons and comfort light and invert mode, I would get one.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:41 PM   #94
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
The invert mode with comfort light is amazing. If Kobo or Amazon had a reasonably priced 6" with buttons and comfort light and invert mode, I would get one.
As I understand Invert mode is hardware-enabled (a feature of Oasis’ newer CPU/GPU). Seems like future Kindle models such as ‘Paperwhite 4’ would be likely to have this, but maybe not successor to basic Kindle.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:43 PM   #95
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Man charged to 100% s\Sunday. 2 days later down to 49% battery life 51% power loss in 2 days
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2018, 11:09 PM   #96
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Man charged to 100% s\Sunday. 2 days later down to 49% battery life 51% power loss in 2 days
Kind of useless numbers without knowing how much is read. Going 2 days for me on any of my kindles and being at 50% by then is good. I read a lot though. None of my kindles have ever lasted more than at most 4-5 days for me. If I read a lot, 3-4 days it where I am at.

Voyage, Oasis1, Oasis2, basic, all the same for me. 3-4 days. If I don't touch them, they last longer of course. But I read and read and read.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:41 PM   #97
petrovich
Connoisseur
petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.petrovich can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: none
I wish there was some page turn counter Then we could at least have a normal measurement for profiling
petrovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:35 PM   #98
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
As I understand Invert mode is hardware-enabled (a feature of Oasis’ newer CPU/GPU). Seems like future Kindle models such as ‘Paperwhite 4’ would be likely to have this, but maybe not successor to basic Kindle.
How much reading (and light setting) was involved? If drained that much just sitting there then I think it needs to be replaced.
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:50 PM   #99
nikkisharif
nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElspethB View Post
An impressive choice for a first e-reader. I have the Graphite 7" Oasis and I love it. Welcome to MobileRead!

Thanks😊 I chose it because I like the physical buttons to turn the pages & I use audible sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
nikkisharif is offline   Reply With Quote