Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 03-18-2016, 07:17 PM   #31
Paegan2246
Connoisseur
Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paegan2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch, iPod Touch, 3-160GB iPod classics
Where does aaxtomp3 dump the converted file?

Nevermind...I figured it out.

Last edited by Paegan2246; 03-18-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Paegan2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:19 PM   #32
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
You actually can have 12 devices running with 1 audible account. You are limited to 3 per device type.
1. Smartphone/Itouch
2. Amazon Device (echo, Fire, K3, KTouch)
3. Tablet - android, mac, windows
4. Computer or Mp3

It also appears that the limit is extended if you have a family link - for instance, my brother can access my Audible on both his Fire and his Itouch despite the fact that I have 3 Ithings and 3 Amazon devices already running it.

But, yes, I convert everything eventually to MP3 because I presume, just like any other store, eventually, the store will close. Better to download and convert unnecessarily, than cry later. It would take me many days to download over 500 audiobooks! Besides, I occasionally need an Mp3 to load on my Sansa for a family member, although they rarely listen to audiobooks.

Last edited by Tarana; 03-18-2016 at 08:52 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2016, 06:56 AM   #33
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
You actually can have 12 devices running with 1 audible account. You are limited to 3 per device type.
1. Smartphone/Itouch
2. Amazon Device (echo, Fire, K3, KTouch)
3. Tablet - android, mac, windows
4. Computer or Mp3

It also appears that the limit is extended if you have a family link - for instance, my brother can access my Audible on both his Fire and his Itouch despite the fact that I have 3 Ithings and 3 Amazon devices already running it.

But, yes, I convert everything eventually to MP3 because I presume, just like any other store, eventually, the store will close. Better to download and convert unnecessarily, than cry later. It would take me many days to download over 500 audiobooks! Besides, I occasionally need an Mp3 to load on my Sansa for a family member, although they rarely listen to audiobooks.
This.

I've started to run into the Kindle download limit on some books. Fortunately, I deDRM all my books as soon as I buy them. My situation is that I buy books for myself, plus my mother. As far as I can tell Amazon looks at the number of times a book has been downloaded. Rather obviously, this causes a problem over the years as devices are upgraded.

I haven't had the issue with audible books, mostly because I tend to download the book once to my computer and use iTunes to load it on various devices.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote