Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
Panopticon
Panopticon shines like a glazed doughnut.Panopticon shines like a glazed doughnut.Panopticon shines like a glazed doughnut.Panopticon shines like a glazed doughnut.Panopticon shines like a glazed doughnut.Panopticon shines like a glazed doughnut.Panopticon shines like a glazed doughnut.Panopticon shines like a glazed doughnut.Panopticon shines like a glazed doughnut.Panopticon shines like a glazed doughnut.Panopticon shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Paperwhite: using collections without registration?

I have no interest in registering my new Paperwhite with Amazon, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to either:

a. Manually manage collections with Calibre

or

b. Trick the device into thinking it's registered, and thus unlock the collections feature

Failing this, are there efforts to root the device?

It's a non-ad supported Kindle.

Thanks
Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panopticon View Post
I have no interest in registering my new Paperwhite with Amazon, and I was wondering if anyone knows how to either:

a. Manually manage collections with Calibre

or

b. Trick the device into thinking it's registered, and thus unlock the collections feature

Failing this, are there efforts to root the device?

It's a non-ad supported Kindle.

Thanks
You're pretty impatient - come on, the device has been available for one day, and most of the people who ordered it haven't even received it yet!

All of these things are possible with the current Kindle Touch, and I'm sure they will be possible with the Paperwhite as well.

Just give the developers a little time to even get their hands on a Paperwhite, and to start enhancing it.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2019, 12:59 AM   #3
Javier Betancour
Javier Betancour began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
alguien me podra decir como hacer coleciones en mi kindle paperwhite sin registrarlo paso a paso
Javier Betancour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:07 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Can someone tell me how to make collections in my paperwhite without registering it step by step?
It's not possible to create collections without registration.

Sorry, I don't write or speak Spanish.

Quote:
¿Puede alguien decirme cómo hacer colecciones en mi paperwhite sin registrarlo paso a paso?
No es posible crear colecciones sin registro.

Lo siento, no escribo ni hablo español.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 10:21 AM   #5
Javier Betancour

No importa tengo un tradutor en mi pc solo dime gracias por contestar
Advert
Old 06-29-2019, 09:11 PM   #6
Javier Betancour

Muy bien no sabes como agradezco tu comentario realmente eres el único que le has dedicado tiempo a este tema... Pero mi kindle es regalado parece que esta registrado en otra cuenta amazon me dice que hay que desvincularlo de la otra cuenta en fin no me deja registrarlo y no puedo crear colecciones y realmente me gusta este tipo de lector electronico aqui en cuba se conoce poco que podria hacer para activar las colecciones.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:50 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier Betancour View Post
Pero mi kindle es regalado parece que esta registrado en otra cuenta amazon me dice que hay que desvincularlo de la otra cuenta en fin no me deja registrarlo
Quote:
You need WiFi with USA Internet access. Might be awkward in Cuba?
The ONLY way to have collections is to unregister and create a new registration.
The registration process asks for Credit Card details. The only ways to skip the use of a Credit Card is someone with an Amazon account must send you an Amazon Gift token, at least $1 US. Then add that serial number in Kindle Registration screen instead of a Credit card. You'll want to create a new email address for Amazon and the Kindle Registration first.

If you want to actually use the USA store, add a USA address. I used the address of a parcel shipping company in the USA.

I managed to do all this outside the USA. So I have two kindles. One on my real name and address and country and one with a semi fictitious address and email. If I ordered something physical, the parcel company would actually re-ship it (and charge me the US international shipping first!). The email account created especially does work and was used to receive the Amazon gift token (sent from a regular Amazon account in another country).

This is all very deceptive, but not fraud.
Necesitas WiFi con acceso a internet de USA. ¿Podría ser incómodo en Cuba?
La ÚNICA manera de tener colecciones es anular el registro y crear un nuevo registro.
El proceso de registro solicita los detalles de la tarjeta de crédito. La única forma de omitir el uso de una tarjeta de crédito es que alguien con una cuenta de Amazon debe enviarle un token de regalo de Amazon, al menos $ 1 USD. Luego agregue ese número de serie en la pantalla de registro de Kindle en lugar de una tarjeta de crédito. Primero querrá crear una nueva dirección de correo electrónico para Amazon y el registro de Kindle.

Si desea utilizar realmente la tienda de EE. UU., Agregue una dirección de EE. UU. Usé la dirección de una empresa de paquetería en los Estados Unidos.

Logré hacer todo esto fuera de los Estados Unidos. Así que tengo dos kindles. Uno en mi nombre y dirección reales y país, y otro con una dirección y correo electrónico semi ficticios. Si ordenara algo físico, la empresa de paquetería realmente lo volvería a enviar (¡y me cobraría el envío internacional de los EE. UU. Primero!). La cuenta de correo electrónico creada especialmente funciona y se usó para recibir el token de regalo de Amazon (enviado desde una cuenta de Amazon normal en otro país).

Todo esto es muy engañoso, pero no es un fraude.

Quote:
Note that if the Kindle has been reported as lost or stolen it can never be registered, or used on the existing account. You then can never have collections and never purchase, only load books via the USB.
Tenga en cuenta que si el Kindle ha sido reportado como perdido o robado, nunca podrá registrarse o usarse en la cuenta existente. Entonces nunca podrá tener colecciones y nunca comprar, solo cargar libros a través del USB.

Last edited by Quoth; 06-30-2019 at 07:53 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #8
Javier Betancour

Oye muchisimas gracias al final tuve que mandar a comprar uno allá en los estados unidos me da lastima que tenga que dejar arlado un kindle nuevo en cuidado por no crear colecciones, sincero es lo único que no me gusta de amazon nadamas que vincule el nuevo no quiero saber de amazon, las cosas no pueden ser ma la fuersa

Tags
hacks, paperwhite, root