Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-25-2017, 03:11 AM   #31
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
Yes, the ADE authorization is totally screwed up. For even MORE fun, try using Cloud Library for THREE different systems... After a while you get pretty good at de-authorizing ADE and re-authorizing regularly. And when I go back to using the NORMAL library site, have to reauthorize again.

It's just another pain in the *** associated with the Cloud Library. Like not being able to have more than one CL window open, attached to different library systems, being forced to try to get support from the "local library" and the new thing where instead of putting downloaded books in the documents/my digital editions folder it dumps them in some totally different place about 8 folders down...
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:02 AM   #32
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomkat27 View Post
if you need to deauthorize the cloud you just log out of the app, that should erase it
Thanks. I logged out of cloudLibrary, but had to deauthorize my ADE and re-authorize it.

If there weren't a limited number of ADE authorizations allowed, I would try authorizing CL, then authorizing ADE, but for now I'll leave it as ADE only. I hope my library doesn't switch to CL permanently.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2017, 11:36 AM   #33
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition,Nook HD+, Nook Color, Nook ST & Ipad3
I am not sure but I think the limitations are based on the # of devices authorized, not the # of times you re-authorize same device. (You might want to check Adobe forum to verify.) Regardless, is still too much of a hassle. Until they fix this buggy app I am not going to reinstall. It is more important to me that Overdrive works.
seacity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:45 PM   #34
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Against my better judgment I reinstalled Cloud. I am had the same problems as before. I couldn't download any books from my library accounts or open any books in ADE. I tried logging out of Cloud to try & de-authorize Cloud from ADE but that did not work. When I closed Cloud after logging out & went to ADE it said My computer was already authorized for ADE & showed a check mark next to my account email. When I reopened Cloud I was met with a login screen that asks for my library info. It also asked me to confirm the use of my ADE ID (or reset). (I assume if I chose reset it would defer to the Cloud's generic ID.)

In get OD & ADE to work again I had to totally uninstall Cloud, de-authorize & reauthorize ADE & download a book from each of my libraries. Without this last step none of the other books in ADE would open or return.

Last edited by seacity1; 02-27-2017 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:15 AM   #35
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Some of you are really persistent! Me, I tried the Cloud Library once, found it wouldn't work with ADE (which I'd just gotten working properly on my preferred computer), and gave up.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2017, 11:40 AM   #36
BarbieRx
BarbieRx began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I just tried to get an ebook cloud library to transfer to calibre (use Kindle paperwhite) however cannot find the book in digital editions like I have been doing forever. Not sure how to find the book that I just "checked" out from my 3M cloud library. Please someone help me- love to read and love calibre. Seems like this just started to happen a few weeks ago.
BarbieRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:54 AM   #37
seacity1
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbieRx View Post
I just tried to get an ebook cloud library to transfer to calibre (use Kindle paperwhite) however cannot find the book in digital editions like I have been doing forever. Not sure how to find the book that I just "checked" out from my 3M cloud library. Please someone help me- love to read and love calibre. Seems like this just started to happen a few weeks ago.
If you read back a couple of pages you will see that Cloud no longer stores it's books in ADE. The new storage location is also posted.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:08 PM   #38
BarbieRx

I saw that but wasn't sure how to get to it. I am not that experienced with a computer but usually can work my way thru problems. If you could message me with a more detailed instruction as to how to get to my cloud library books- I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
Old 02-27-2017, 02:39 PM   #39
thomkat27
Digital Librarian
thomkat27 began at the beginning.

Device: iOS, Nook GlowLight+, PC, Kindle Fire
Quote:
I saw that but wasn't sure how to get to it. I am not that experienced with a computer but usually can work my way thru problems. If you could message me with a more detailed instruction as to how to get to my cloud library books- I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
Try this link - this helped me get to my ebooks for my GlowLight! My library directed me to this site.

http://www.yourcloudlibrary.com/inde...l-instructions
thomkat27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:09 PM   #40
BarbieRx

actually I googled how to get appdata roaming on Windows 10 (was a hidden folder) and worked my way thru. Thanks for much for the info and the patience
Old 03-02-2017, 03:12 PM   #41
JackErbes
Enthusiast
JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.

Device: K4 Non Touch, Fire HD (3rd Gen)
Quote:
actually I googled how to get appdata roaming on Windows 10 (was a hidden folder) and worked my way thru. Thanks for much for the info and the patience
I'm new to this thread but have read it all. I am using W7 and an Android phone and I don't think the W7 CL app is downloading and storing any audio tracks to the W7 install. Maybe it is to a hidden folder I did not find?

If anyone knows of the hidden folder location for W7 it would be nice to hear about it.

My impression is that the CL goes online and streams the audio to the W7 audio system.

As a sort of related question, does anyone know as to where the downloaded data is stored on an Android phone? I have the app set to use the SD card for storage but I can't seem to find it there.

Thanks for an help...

Jack
JackErbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:56 AM   #42
okofoto
okofoto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
ocntact for cloudLibrary

I found some!

https://www.bibliotheca.com/en-eu/contact-us/

maybe we will get them to fox things....
okofoto is offline   Reply With Quote