Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2018, 02:12 PM   #1
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.
 
abbynormal52's Avatar
 
Posts: 167
Karma: 191418
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Crescent City, CA
Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Tablet vs E-reader

I'm not sure I know the difference other than an E-reader might not have the playstore, with all the apps??

Anyway, I want a tablet as I want something I can read on and also use for other things like my TV app, browsing the internet, facebook, etc. I am looking at the Samsung, but also a more powerful Kindle (I have the 49 dollar Fire 7" and it's slow as a slug, even when it was new about a year and a half ago It's served me well, I just would like sort of an all-in-one tablet.

I also looked a little at the Windows 10, but can't remember if it comes in a 9-10" size.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you if you have something you are happy with, and if it does all I mentioned? Also, would you or have you actually tried a refurbished tablet since I could better afford something like that?

Thank you for any feedback/ideas you might have for me. One more thing because I am confused at what to look for that tells me what speeds it's capable of? Download speeds, upload

Thank you, and hope to hear from some folks Denise
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #2
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Mivo's Avatar
 
Posts: 556
Karma: 3531054
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Germany
Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
It's a pretty subjective thing, but for me it's not a question of getting a tablet or an e-reader. Ideally, you want both. It's almost like asking "Should I get a coffeemaker or a microwave?". You can use the latter for making coffee, but it's so not the same experience.

I have had various iPads ever since they came out, and I love those devices. I use them for browsing, PDFs, mail, sometimes even watching a movie or a show, apps, and so on. I can even get work done on them! It's a fantastic little thing that I'd not want to miss. But reading novels on it never works for me. I get eye strain, the battery drains needlessly fast, there are distractions, it's unusable in broad daylight, there's glare.

For reading, I use an e-ink device. Those are much cheaper than a tablet and more simplistic, but being a specialized device they do the thing they are intended for superbly. Closest thing to actual books, and you only need to charge them every few weeks.

There are some e-ink readers that can run Android apps from the Play Store, but they always seem to use old Android versions and don't really come close to a proper tablet experience. Even your Fire 7" is more response and more capable in that regard.

So if your budget allows, I'd consider getting a tablet and an e-ink reader. A refurbished Kobo Glo HD will only cost around $99 or so. A decent tablet costs much more. I haven't found any modern Android tablets I am convinced of (and I looked), so I'd recommend a standard iPad, e.g. the 2018 model that just came out. Not very cheap, but it'll likely be supported and maintained much longer than any comparable Android tablet. If it does have to be Android, the Galaxy Tab seemed like the best choice when I looked into Android tablets.

If you have no problems with reading on a LCD display, a tablet does make a great multifunction device, but I do prefer coffee from a coffeemaker or a French press.

Last edited by Mivo; 05-12-2018 at 04:44 PM.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2018, 04:39 PM   #3
william z
Connoisseur
william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
william z's Avatar
 
Posts: 56
Karma: 4622408
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: B.C., Canada
Device: Kobo Touch
You can read on a tablet and also do many other things with it as well; what you can do on an e-reader is much more limited. I have both and use the e-reader for reading only; I find reading books on an ereader much better because there is no glare on the screen like on a tablet or computer, though you can read books perfectly well on a tablet. If you don't read a lot you wouldn't even need an ereader and if you want to read comics or graphic novels a tablet is much better. I use a tablet mainly for keeping up with news and so on; anything more I use a computer. Of course you could use it for Facebook, watch videos, browse the internet, etc. But like anything else, for a tablet you get what you pay for, a cheap one will be slow, a more expensive will be much faster. Whether or not a refurbished tablet is a good idea or not I do not know, but I think they would come with a one-year guarantee like a new one? I did buy a refurbished Playstation 3 and 3 years on never had any trouble with it. When it comes to a tablet though I would advise you to buy the best one you can afford, so a refurbished one might be a good option.

I have a tablet that has a Windows operating system and another with an Android. Personally I prefer the Android, but that might only be my preference, I don't really know which is "better."

I am not sure about download or upload speeds on a tablet, I would guess it would depend on how powerful its operating system is. Storage space is also a consideration, tablets don't have much storage space and if you download video or a lot of apps you will soon run out.

To sum up, an ereader is best for reading print, a tablet is better for anything else you might want to do. But then a computer can do anything a tablet can do and better, except of course a tablet is portable.
william z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:19 PM   #4
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Tarana's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,985
Karma: 38840460
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
This really isn't a tablet vs. ereader question. You aren't interested in an ereader, just a tablet. You might want to change your title to reflect that. Ereaders are made quite differently from tablets.

As to types, depends on your needs. Make a list of what you NEED it to do as well as a WANT list. That will help you eliminate those devices that don't meet your needs.

FWIW, I do all my reading, except pdfs and magazines, on ereaders. I use tablets for a lot of internet searching and reading. I have multiple FIRE tablets because of upgrades. There is always one plugged in charging and one available for ROKU or surfing which is good because they are only good for an 8 hour charge and drain while they are sitting on the side table. I have a used Mac tablet. It turned out not to do what I really wanted, so I'm glad I didn't buy one new.

Last edited by Tarana; 05-12-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:25 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
rcentros's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,578
Karma: 48453107
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boise, ID
Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbynormal52 View Post
I'm not sure I know the difference other than an E-reader might not have the playstore, with all the apps??
For the most part, eReaders are just for reading. I own a Fire 7 (like you) and I wouldn't know if it was good or bad (just not something I would want to read on, or use much). You might want to look at Woot. They seem to have higher end, refurbished tablets for reasonable prices. (Currently iPads, Androids by Samsung and Toshiba, even a couple Windows Surface (RT) tablets – I'm guessing those are pretty old, though.)

https://www.woot.com/%28S%28llcs5555...c_4_page_first

I can't tell you what would be the best deal. I don't know enough about them.

Last edited by rcentros; 05-13-2018 at 01:04 AM. Reason: changed incorrct "wouldn't" to "would"
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2018, 06:41 PM   #6
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.
 
abbynormal52's Avatar
 
Posts: 167
Karma: 191418
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Crescent City, CA
Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
It's a pretty subjective thing, but for me it's not a question of getting a tablet or an e-reader. Ideally, you want both. It's almost like asking "Should I get a coffeemaker or a microwave?". You can use the latter for making coffee, but it's so not the same experience.

I have had various iPads ever since they came out, and I love those devices. I use them for browsing, PDFs, mail, sometimes even watching a movie or a show, apps, and so on. I can even get work done on them! It's a fantastic little thing that I'd not want to miss. But reading novels on it never works for me. I get eye strain, the battery drains needlessly fast, there are distractions, it's unusable in broad daylight, there's glare.

For reading, I use an e-ink device. Those are much cheaper than a tablet and more simplistic, but being a specialized device they do the thing they are intended for superbly. Closest thing to actual books, and you only need to charge them every few weeks.

There are some e-ink readers that can run Android apps from the Play Store, but they always seem to use old Android versions and don't really come close to a proper tablet experience. Even your Fire 7" is more response and more capable in that regard.

So if your budget allows, I'd consider getting a tablet and an e-ink reader. A refurbished Kobo Glo HD will only cost around $99 or so. A decent tablet costs much more. I haven't found any modern Android tablets I am convinced of (and I looked), so I'd recommend a standard iPad, e.g. the 2018 model that just came out. Not very cheap, but it'll likely be supported and maintained much longer than any comparable Android tablet. If it does have to be Android, the Galaxy Tab seemed like the best choice when I looked into Android tablets.

If you have no problems with reading on a LCD display, a tablet does make a great multifunction device, but I do prefer coffee from a coffeemaker or a French press.
ty for your reply and I can't type well because I cut my finger so just know I appreciate your info
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:48 PM   #7
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.
 
abbynormal52's Avatar
 
Posts: 167
Karma: 191418
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Crescent City, CA
Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by william z View Post
You can read on a tablet and also do many other things with it as well; what you can do on an e-reader is much more limited. I have both and use the e-reader for reading only; I find reading books on an ereader much better because there is no glare on the screen like on a tablet or computer, though you can read books perfectly well on a tablet. If you don't read a lot you wouldn't even need an ereader and if you want to read comics or graphic novels a tablet is much better. I use a tablet mainly for keeping up with news and so on; anything more I use a computer. Of course you could use it for Facebook, watch videos, browse the internet, etc. But like anything else, for a tablet you get what you pay for, a cheap one will be slow, a more expensive will be much faster. Whether or not a refurbished tablet is a good idea or not I do not know, but I think they would come with a one-year guarantee like a new one? I did buy a refurbished Playstation 3 and 3 years on never had any trouble with it. When it comes to a tablet though I would advise you to buy the best one you can afford, so a refurbished one might be a good option.

I have a tablet that has a Windows operating system and another with an Android. Personally I prefer the Android, but that might only be my preference, I don't really know which is "better."

I am not sure about download or upload speeds on a tablet, I would guess it would depend on how powerful its operating system is. Storage space is also a consideration, tablets don't have much storage space and if you download video or a lot of apps you will soon run out.

To sum up, an ereader is best for reading print, a tablet is better for anything else you might want to do. But then a computer can do anything a tablet can do and better, except of course a tablet is portable.
too william, as maybe u saw above I cut my finger and can't type much tonight, but I think just keep using my Kindle for books and go ahead and get a tablet as its in between my laptop size, and phone, very portable. I hope I can find one with voice to text for times like this thank you for bringing up windows versus android, I like android for smaller devices too, denise
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:51 PM   #8
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.
 
abbynormal52's Avatar
 
Posts: 167
Karma: 191418
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Crescent City, CA
Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
For the most part, eReaders are just for reading. I own a Fire 7 (like you) and I wouldn't know if it was good or bad (just not something I wouldn't want to read on, or use much). You might want to look at Woot. They seem to have higher end, refurbished tablets for reasonable prices. (Currently iPads, Androids by Samsung and Toshiba, even a couple Windows Surface (RT) tablets – I'm guessing those are pretty old, though.)

https://www.woot.com/%28S%28llcs5555...c_4_page_first

I can't tell you what would be the best deal. I don't know enough about them.
ok more good info rc PS still love the jacket for my kindle you helped me find
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:36 AM   #9
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 3,305
Karma: 10259306
Join Date: May 2016
Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i own both types & probably I am in a minority of 1 when I say I prefer reading on may Fire HD10 tablet , in 2 page landscape with a coloured background, to reading on my eink Kindle Paperwhite.
The 2 page landscape mode is more like an actual book - unless you are in the habit of doubling the spines back on paperbacks, and I find it more relaxing to not have a completely white background
Also the tablet lets me read both amazon books in kindle reader and epub with moon reader, and use calibre companion for simple wireless book loading of both formats.
I also have a previous generation samsung tab 10.5 inch android tablet - which again is a very relaxing hi-def read. that tablet has a reading mode option which reduces screen refresh time and mutes colours, and also a blue light filter app ( from Google play store ). Samsung no longer make the 16x10 shape HD tablets, otherwise I'd recommend that. I have not tried reading on the squarer ipad & clones tablets
The cheaper fire HD is arguably better for watching movies etc as it supports AC3 - dolby audio, so plex runs without any need to transpose those, plus you get full HD amazon video
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 12:53 AM   #10
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.
 
abbynormal52's Avatar
 
Posts: 167
Karma: 191418
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Crescent City, CA
Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
i own both types & probably I am in a minority of 1 when I say I prefer reading on may Fire HD10 tablet , in 2 page landscape with a coloured background, to reading on my eink Kindle Paperwhite.
The 2 page landscape mode is more like an actual book - unless you are in the habit of doubling the spines back on paperbacks, and I find it more relaxing to not have a completely white background
Also the tablet lets me read both amazon books in kindle reader and epub with moon reader, and use calibre companion for simple wireless book loading of both formats.
I also have a previous generation samsung tab 10.5 inch android tablet - which again is a very relaxing hi-def read. that tablet has a reading mode option which reduces screen refresh time and mutes colours, and also a blue light filter app ( from Google play store ). Samsung no longer make the 16x10 shape HD tablets, otherwise I'd recommend that. I have not tried reading on the squarer ipad & clones tablets
The cheaper fire HD is arguably better for watching movies etc as it supports AC3 - dolby audio, so plex runs without any need to transpose those, plus you get full HD amazon video
I'm glad to hear you like your HD10 Fire because that is exactly what I decided on After a lot of reviews, and checking what each tablet had to offer, I think I got the right one for me

It's 10.1 inch so it has the bigger screen for my Spectrum TV app I like to use when I'm cooking in the kitchen. I also like the Alexa so I can do some things hands-free I'll put the link so you all can see the one I ordered. It won't be here until next week, but that's ok. I'll probably still do a lot of my reading on my Kindle Fire 7", but who knows, I'm going to try the way Stumped likes to read on his/hers

Mine was 119.00 which I know is amongst the cheaper tablets, but I just feel this will work for me. Time will tell

Thanks again everyone, and I'll come back when I have it and let you know how I like it My finger is so much better now, have it wrapped up good for now. Night all, Denise
https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Amazo...rds=fire+hd+10
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:24 PM   #11
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Hemmi's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,508
Karma: 15987608
Join Date: Apr 2015
Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
If you do ever decide you want a cheap eink device, shopgoodwill.com is a great place to pick up older Kindles.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:53 PM   #12
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Tarana's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,985
Karma: 38840460
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbynormal52 View Post
too william, as maybe u saw above I cut my finger and can't type much tonight, but I think just keep using my Kindle for books and go ahead and get a tablet as its in between my laptop size, and phone, very portable. I hope I can find one with voice to text for times like this thank you for bringing up windows versus android, I like android for smaller devices too, denise
FWIW, the current Kindle BASIC does text to voice. However, you need a bluetooth speaker as there is no way to hook up earbuds or headphones.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:57 PM   #13
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.
 
abbynormal52's Avatar
 
Posts: 167
Karma: 191418
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Crescent City, CA
Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
If you do ever decide you want a cheap eink device, shopgoodwill.com is a great place to pick up older Kindles.
Thanks, I had no idea they have a website. I'll bet they do have some deals, that's a booming business, and all free donations.
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #14
abbynormal52
Groupie
abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.abbynormal52 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.
 
abbynormal52's Avatar
 
Posts: 167
Karma: 191418
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Crescent City, CA
Device: Fire Tablet 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
FWIW, the current Kindle BASIC does text to voice. However, you need a bluetooth speaker as there is no way to hook up earbuds or headphones.
The specs on my Kindle say it has bluetooth. It also has Alexa, and dolby speakers which sounds good. We'll see
abbynormal52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E-Reader or Tablet. DStyle Which one should I buy? 28 08-29-2013 06:29 PM
Tablet Reader gfd Android Devices 9 07-30-2013 11:54 PM
A different take: a tablet e-reader switches to a front-lit e-reader scrapking Which one should I buy? 5 10-06-2012 02:37 PM
Which e-reader/tablet? jeids Which one should I buy? 1 09-20-2012 05:18 PM
Tablet S as a reader Avwriter Sony Reader 0 02-20-2012 10:27 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:55 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.