Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
krysk
krysk began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3 and Android Nexus 4
Question azw3 to epub conversion stuck on 1%

Hi there,

I bought The Complete Works of Shakespeare from amazon. The azw3 file is about 4MB (5000+ printed pages). I have been unsuccessfully trying to convert it to epub, but the progress bar doesn't go beyond 1%. I am really puzzled, I have had no problems converting other kindle books of mine. I am on the latest version of Calibre 0.9.27, and running it on Mac OS 10.8

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
K.
krysk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by krysk View Post
I bought The Complete Works of Shakespeare from amazon. The azw3 file is about 4MB (5000+ printed pages). I have been unsuccessfully trying to convert it to epub, but the progress bar doesn't go beyond 1%. I am really puzzled, I have had no problems converting other kindle books of mine. I am on the latest version of Calibre 0.9.27, and running it on Mac OS 10.8
This is not unexpected so don't let the 1% fool you.

It hasn't actually stopped converting the file. You can bring up the jobs window (lower right) and view the details of the job and see that it is still functioning. Just let it go and leave it be, eventually it will either finish or produce an error. I have had books take as long as 6 hours to complete the conversion and others have reported times around 24 hours.

It is very rare for a book to actually cease the conversion process without showing an error.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
krysk
krysk began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3 and Android Nexus 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
This is not unexpected so don't let the 1% fool you.

It hasn't actually stopped converting the file. You can bring up the jobs window (lower right) and view the details of the job and see that it is still functioning. Just let it go and leave it be, eventually it will either finish or produce an error. I have had books take as long as 6 hours to complete the conversion and others have reported times around 24 hours.

It is very rare for a book to actually cease the conversion process without showing an error.
Many thanks for your advice. I tried again and left it running, and indeed it took nearly 5 hours to complete.
krysk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw3 conversion