Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-12-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Sad news about Terry Pratchett

I can find no good way to say this but apparently he's been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

http://www.paulkidby.com/news/index.html

My best thoughts are with him and his family.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Ouch! My condolences to one of my favorite fantasy book authors.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
Socrates
Socrates began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Terry Pratchet - deserves a huge commendation for his work in Fantasy writing for being consistantly creative and entertaining.

"In Sewer Ants" remains one of my favourite Pratchetisms 10yrs on.

Well done Terry!
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
And yet the same old Terry. An embuggerance indeed! My best to you, Terry.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:29 AM   #5
Barry Scott
Barry Scott began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I am a huge fan of Mr Pratchett. I have been reading his books for about 20 years now. I have all of them and they are my most treasured possession.

In keeping with Mr Pratchett's wishes, I would like to say....

Buggerit, I can't remember now.

Why is it the truly nice and creative people of the world suffer whilst the arseholes prosper and live forever?
Barry Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2007, 03:36 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's bad news indeed. I knew and worked with Terry "before he was famous" as they say. A nicer guy you couldn't hope to meet.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:54 AM   #7
Barry Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I knew and worked with Terry "before he was famous" as they say.
You have just earned yourself the status of "Minor Idle" for your past affiliation with a literary god. Please amend your user title accordingly.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:20 AM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Scott View Post
You have just earned yourself the status of "Minor Idle" for your past affiliation with a literary god. Please amend your user title accordingly.
That would be "Minor Idol". I'm sure HarryT works very hard at whatever he does.

Cheers,
Marc (I have a small interest in English folk dancing - I like to call myself a "Morris Minor")
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:12 AM   #9
Barry Scott

Whoops, apparently my brain was idle this morning.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:09 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Marc (I have a small interest in English folk dancing - I like to call myself a "Morris Minor")
<groan>

They used to transport people to Australia for making jokes as bad as that .
Old 12-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
<groan>

They used to transport people to Australia for making jokes as bad as that .
Well, that explains some things about Aussie humor.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:08 PM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Probably how montsnmags got there in the first place .
Old 12-13-2007, 05:47 PM   #13
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Terry Pratchett is one of my favorite authors, and I've read all of his works. In a way, he's even semi-responsible for setting me on my career path (I gained an appreciation of programming for games writing for the Discworld MUD). His sense of humor can't be matched, and he's a genuinely good person.

I hope everything goes well for him, and I'm trying not to be too bummed out - but it's hard!
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:09 PM   #14
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Probably how montsnmags got there in the first place .

My Dad was a pommy, born up in Streatley, Berkshire. I'm sure I haven't inherited his sense of humour though. Pretty sure. Maybe.

He was not "transported" here though...well, at least I don't think he was.

Cheers,
Marc (If I get my British Passport, qualifying by way of my father's birthplace, will that make me a pom-pom )
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #15
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
That is a harsh blow indeed...Terry Pratchett was and is my all-time favourite author...I was hoping he'd live forever...

First Robert Jordan passed away far too early and after a tragic illness, now the master of comedy-fantasy seems to be leaving us too...this really makes me sad...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote