Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-27-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
First iRex iLiad units to ship in 1st week of July

This just flew into my inbox from iRex:
  • iLiad shipments about to start: The iLiad will be shipping to customers that have already placed the orders during the first week of July, so depending where you live in Europe, you may expect your iLiad either in the first or in the second week of July. We are doing our best to ship it to you ASAP.
  • iRex shop opens to US customers in July: iRex Technologies have recently received the electronics approvation to ship goods to US and Canada. In fact the iRex Shop will be taking orders from selected business to business customers by July 1st.
  • Software release V2.4: iLiad Shipments will be using version 2.4 which improves PC USB performance, and brings several bug fixes. The iLiad hardware and design is 100% complete and your iLiad functionality will be upgraded in the coming months via software releases.
  • The next software release (v2.5) will take place some time in July or August and will bring Hotspot support, Apabi format support (asia only) and other software improvements.

Related: When do you think your Iliad will arrive?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:23 PM   #2
oliverbogler
Connoisseur
oliverbogler has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad
Very exciting!! - the bit about the US, in particular, from my point of view. Thanks for sharing the information!
oliverbogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2006, 02:31 PM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I received the same email...^^
I could hardly read it though becuase Outlook Express apparently didn't like the formatting they used or something...it displayed as a kind of HTML code...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:46 PM   #4
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Yeah it looks like they sent an html mail as plain text.

Nice for a company dealing in a form of communications.

But very good and welcome news.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #5
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
A piece of pessimism from me... As I remember, Iliad still has problems with battery life.
No a word about improving this in mentioned updates (((
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2006, 02:52 PM   #6
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

henrycat said the power saving would be in this week's update.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:22 PM   #7
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
got the mail. good news. but they should get better software people. cant even send an html mail.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:33 PM   #8
rmeister0
Addict
rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
In fact the iRex Shop will be taking orders from selected business to business customers by July 1st.
Yawn,

Wake me when mere mortals can actually buy the thing.
rmeister0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:55 AM   #9
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Don't give up yet rmeister0...not all those who have received and invite are b2b customers...
Old 06-28-2006, 06:27 AM   #10
mrbonheur
mrbonheur began at the beginning.

Am I the only one who didn't receive an invitation?
mrbonheur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:34 AM   #11
THJahar
Zealot
THJahar is on a distinguished road

Device: Jinke V2 Prototype
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbonheur
Am I the only one who didn't receive an invitation?
Nah, I didn't get one either...I knew I should have signed up saying I was a business.
THJahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:43 AM   #12
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
I tried that, but I received an invite to the address I originally gave from home which didn't mention a business.

The business address still hasn't had an invite.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:55 AM   #13
masc
Enthusiast
masc began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Poor me also did not receive a invite ....

And I send my company email and my private one.
masc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:57 AM   #14
mrbonheur
mrbonheur began at the beginning.

@those who received an invitation

Did you just indicate your email-adress like everybody else?
mrbonheur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:58 AM   #15
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

I don't know what kind of system they use to decide who gets and invite...very confusing. Some private people get one, some business people get one, some privates don't and some business don't...what the hell...I sure hope the device is better than the organization behind it...let's hope they're really labrats...:-)