Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 12:34 AM   #3241
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraD View Post
Nope - not a paid ad in any way shape or form! I have no paid affiliation with Astak or any consumer electronics company and I believe that is true for everyone on this thread except for Robert.

In my case I don't have a reader of any kind yet and I've been shopping for a year now (holding out for the Epson controller & updated chassis) not yet seeing anything that I want to spend that much money for. It might be a Pocket Pro or one of the other upcoming devices that Robert just mentioned - I'll wait & see. Robert does a great job of listening to what folks want and trying to get it for us. He did that with the Pocket Pro (ballpark price and colors) and I really wish a company like Eagle Creek or REI or somebody would do half as good a job listening to what I want in a small daypack so I could buy it.

Perhaps relations will improve a bit when the new device forums that Alex mentioned are opened so this thread leaves the News section.
SaraD:

Have a peek over at http://www.tombihn.com and see what Tom offers. I recently picked up a Tom Bihn Small Cafe Bag for the better -two-thirds and she loves it for the Kindle 1 and a few of her other necessaries during the day. There could also be a pack there that is the right size and what not for your reader and other needs as well. But we can tell ya first hand that the small Cafe Bag is wonderful for carrying around the K1 (in it's case) and her other odds and ends.

Overall Tom Bihn bags have proved to be the longest lasting and best/ethically made bags I have ever used. He has made noise about a carry bag/cover for ebook reading devices but they have a lot of irons in the fire, it's a crowded market already and to be honest unless they get requests to design a bag/cover it's risky at best. Best point of contact is Darcy on their boards but have found they respod very quickly to all inquiries via email a bit faster.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:45 AM   #3242
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

Today I read the thread on the Ectaco Jetbook. Gee, it is so hard to bite my tongue and shut up.

I know the Jetbook well from FRY's Electronics. They tell me some about the unrush of returns on that model.

What I cannot figure out is WHY people rave about a device with an LCD screen that has 8 formats and sells for $259 (what they quoted in the thread) when the EZ Reader Bundle Pack is often selling for $229, has E-Ink, comes with free leather case and a free 2GB SD card and card reader/writer, and does 14 formats. I did NOT post on that thread; but it is VERY hard to hold back.
gee robertb, it would be really hard for me to bite my tongue too about other ereaders when i get paid by a competitor company to make posts on forums promoting their product...
Advert
Old 08-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #3243
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Not quite paid to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
gee robertb, it would be really hard for me to bite my tongue too about other ereaders when i get paid by a competitor company to make posts on forums promoting their product...
Dear LuBib:

Understand where you are coming from. To you I am just a competing company to other manufacturers. To me it goes beyond that. I know what the EZ Reader line has done and just how good it is. I am sold on it. I know it is stable, dependable, and innovative. I also know the factory addresses issues promptly and I have seen only great feedback on our customer service. I do not like to see anyone buy something and then advise others not to make the same mistake.

Lastly, I am on the Astak payroll... but I get warned to limit my time on MR. They want me elsewhere doing press contact and such. Also, a lot of what I do on MR is done before work, at night, or on weekends.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #3244
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tom Binh Cafe bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
SaraD:

Have a peek over at http://www.tombihn.com and see what Tom offers. I recently picked up a Tom Bihn Small Cafe Bag for the better -two-thirds and she loves it for the Kindle 1 and a few of her other necessaries during the day. There could also be a pack there that is the right size and what not for your reader and other needs as well. But we can tell ya first hand that the small Cafe Bag is wonderful for carrying around the K1 (in it's case) and her other odds and ends.

Overall Tom Bihn bags have proved to be the longest lasting and best/ethically made bags I have ever used. He has made noise about a carry bag/cover for ebook reading devices but they have a lot of irons in the fire, it's a crowded market already and to be honest unless they get requests to design a bag/cover it's risky at best. Best point of contact is Darcy on their boards but have found they respod very quickly to all inquiries via email a bit faster.
Dear Brecklundin:

Really helpful info!! I am going there myself to look at bags!! Maybe Astak can get him to make special eBook Reader bags.

I'm sold if you like it!!
Old 08-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #3245
Robertb

Email from the factory.

Dear All:

I did get an email from the factory regarding all the suggestionsd and recommendations that forum members have made. They will have a Firmware Upgrade coming soon for both the EZ Reader Basic and the Pocket PRO to solve some of the small, but important, changes requested.

I cannot,under the NDA tell you exactly when or exactly what will be addressed, but I expect it will address many of your concerns!

They are listening!
Advert
Old 08-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #3246
Robertb

Harry had a great insight

Dear All:

Harry posted the following on another thread and I think we should discuss this here:

Have you noticed that Bookeen actually called the Opus a "pocket friendly" reader? In its pouch, I reckon it's pretty safe - as long as it's something like a jacket pocket. Putting it in a back pocket is just asking for trouble.

My point is not about Bookeen or Opus. My point is about the Pocket PRO. Please realize that we call it that because its size makes it more convenient and easy to carry... NOT that it belongs in your pocket during polo matches!

ANY screen will break if you abuse it. The Pocket PRO is a very good machine but it is NOT going to stand up to putting it in the back pocket of your pants, sitting down with it in the front pocket, or leaving it in your suit jacket inside pocket on a plane and having someone sit on it.

Let's not mistake a really well made eBook Reader with being a tank! You have to treat any eBook Reader, including the Pocket PRO, with some care. It is an electronic instrument!!

I know many of you are laughing by this time. I am not. Broken screens and the labor to switch them, are priced at about $95 and up plus freight! That is NO laughing matter!! If our costs raise... so does the cost of the Pocket PRO!

Keep your new Pocket PRO in its case when you are moving (such as falling down stairs or jumping out of airplanes or jumping off cliffs or even just walking). IF we find it obvious that the screen is cracked due to abuse... you may just have voided your warranty. IF you want to roughhouse with a Pocket PRO... invest in a "Rhino Skin" aluminum case that clips to your belt!

This is a serious request that all buying the Pocket PRO realize that they still need to provide care. I can't do you any good if you send it for repair with a broken screen and we note ANY evidence of abuse. YOU have to guard that device well.

Thank you, Harry, for the warning!!
Old 08-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #3247
Robertb

Pocket PRO battery with ruler

Dear All:

Yesterday I was asked for a shot of the Pocket PRO battery with a ruler for comparison. Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocket PRO battery  and writing.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	849.6 KB
ID:	34490   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocket PRO Color Group Shot.jpg.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	34491  
Old 08-19-2009, 01:29 PM   #3248
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Dear LuBib:

Understand where you are coming from. To you I am just a competing company to other manufacturers. To me it goes beyond that. I know what the EZ Reader line has done and just how good it is. I am sold on it. I know it is stable, dependable, and innovative. I also know the factory addresses issues promptly and I have seen only great feedback on our customer service. I do not like to see anyone buy something and then advise others not to make the same mistake.

Lastly, I am on the Astak payroll... but I get warned to limit my time on MR. They want me elsewhere doing press contact and such. Also, a lot of what I do on MR is done before work, at night, or on weekends.
forums are where people come together to discuss products and their experiences. by being on a payroll, you're not allowed to say anything positive about other eReaders but your own.

your post about the jetBook was very misleading as you really have no data to support your interaction with Fry's and their association with jetBooks. so why really say it to begin with? if you're here to sell your product, then stick to astak. you can be sold on the astak, but in short your job is to sell it.

i may be sold on the jetBook as a consumer, but our discrepancy lingers on the sole idea that one of us is paid to be positive about the product. your entitled to your views of course, but your views will always be skewed and sided with astak, which renders your personal comparisons as a misrepresentation of possibilities in the eReader world. it's nothing personal, i signed up for MR to discuss my views on products that i have and use, as well as helping and hearing others out. if a company representative promotes their products via forums, it's like a third party customer service.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #3249
Robertb

Gratefully accepted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
forums are where people come together to discuss products and their experiences. by being on a payroll, you're not allowed to say anything positive about other eReaders but your own.

your post about the jetBook was very misleading as you really have no data to support your interaction with Fry's and their association with jetBooks. so why really say it to begin with? if you're here to sell your product, then stick to astak. you can be sold on the astak, but in short your job is to sell it.

i may be sold on the jetBook as a consumer, but our discrepancy lingers on the sole idea that one of us is paid to be positive about the product. your entitled to your views of course, but your views will always be skewed and sided with astak, which renders your personal comparisons as a misrepresentation of possibilities in the eReader world. it's nothing personal, i signed up for MR to discuss my views on products that i have and use, as well as helping and hearing others out. if a company representative promotes their products via forums, it's like a third party customer service.
Dear Lubib:

Yes, no matter how hard I want to help, it comes out wrong. I will stay on our products.

Thank you for posting!
Old 08-20-2009, 08:42 AM   #3250
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
We've launched the dedicated Astak forum section!

To fully utilize the new Astak section I would like to ask you to slowly switch over to starting new threads rather than to continue posting here.

We will eventually close this thread and make it a prominent sticky.

Link to the Astak forum
Old 08-20-2009, 10:04 AM   #3251
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Wooot !!!!

Great news, Thanks A.T.!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #3252
Robertb

New Dedicated Astak forum section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
We've launched the dedicated Astak forum section!

To fully utilize the new Astak section I would like to ask you to slowly switch over to starting new threads rather than to continue posting here.

We will eventually close this thread and make it a prominent sticky.

Link to the Astak forum
Dear Alexander:

Thank you!!

Can I ask the following:

On the new dedicated Astak section , I have posted a welcome post! It is the third post on that new site and it would be best to have it at the top. Can you move it up?

You this time have given us a link to the new site. I know I am not too bright, but how do I get to the new site once you close this thread?

When you close this thread... any chance of having the last 30 posts or so transferred to the new site? I do not want to miss anyone.

Thank you!!
Old 08-20-2009, 02:11 PM   #3253
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
There is no way to keep a particular post at the very top. Some can be made sticky which places them at the ahead of those that are not sticky but the arrangement within a section is determined by the time and date of the last post.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #3254
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hi Robert,

This thread will not disappear; it will only be read-only so that new questions and posts will be posted in the dedicated Astak section instead.

The permanent address of the Astak section is:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=204

Alex
Old 08-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #3255
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
You this time have given us a link to the new site. I know I am not too bright, but how do I get to the new site once you close this thread?
Just go to the main FORUMS page, then scroll down to the E-BOOK DEVICES section, and you'll find the ASTAK EZREADER forum there.

Everett
Closed Thread

Tags
astak mentor, e ink, e-book reader, idpg show, touchscreen, wireless