Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-28-2018, 08:13 AM   #121
sjordi
sjordi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O 2nd, iPad Pro 9.7, Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As with jackie_w, I don't have any issues here either. Are you using sideloaded or purchased books? And for sideloaded, what format?
Hi,
Both. I have side loaded ePub files and books directly bought on the Kobo Store... :-(
sjordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:36 AM   #122
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Your first attempt was correct. I just tried to run that SQL command on a copy of my database and it ran OK.

Keep trying, we'll get there in the end

P.S. It's possible that you may need to reboot the Kobo once you've successfully managed to update the database.
It worked! Thank you so much. And I found a PDF tutorial (some 180 pages), where I could find how to delete a wrong line (I had typed -fe instead of -fr). I wouldn't have known how to insert the right line without you, but I thought I should learn how to delete on my own and it worked.

And I did have to reboot, it didn't work otherwise.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2018, 08:58 AM   #123
Boneist
Enthusiast
Boneist doesn't litterBoneist doesn't litterBoneist doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I really don’t like the way the option to change the page number/%/time left display now extends quite a way either side of the middle bit.

I have my display set to page backwards at the top of the screen, page forwards at the bottom with the menu across the middle (4th option at the top of tha page controls section of the reading settings), because I hold my ereader at the bottom.

That wasn’t an issue before, as my thumb naturally taps to the right of the page number display, and that would trigger the page forward. Now I have to hold my ereader way over to the right so that my thumb hits the much smaller area that turns the page. I have, over the course of a couple of minutes, cycled through the progress display options more times than I have in the past couple of years!

This is, to me, a major inconvenience. 🙁
Boneist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:27 AM   #124
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneist View Post
I really don’t like the way the option to change the page number/%/time left display now extends quite a way either side of the middle bit.

I have my display set to page backwards at the top of the screen, page forwards at the bottom with the menu across the middle (4th option at the top of tha page controls section of the reading settings), because I hold my ereader at the bottom.

That wasn’t an issue before, as my thumb naturally taps to the right of the page number display, and that would trigger the page forward. Now I have to hold my ereader way over to the right so that my thumb hits the much smaller area that turns the page. I have, over the course of a couple of minutes, cycled through the progress display options more times than I have in the past couple of years!

Not major but an inconvenience for me too. Who has changed this hasn't tested it with this setting.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:32 AM   #125
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneist View Post

The touch zones seem to be big enough that you could solve this by tapping slightly above where you used to tap before (on the page, instead of on the footer). Try this and see if it works for you.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2018, 09:38 AM   #126
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
The touch zones seem to be big enough that you could solve this by tapping slightly above where you used to tap before (on the page, instead of on the footer). Try this and see if it works for you.
You can do it, but you have to be very careful with where you put the thumb, as I usually pu it at the bottom side because it's more comfortable. people kows how to adjust, but that doesn't mind it's a change which gives almost nothing.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:07 AM   #127
Boneist
Enthusiast
Boneist doesn't litterBoneist doesn't litterBoneist doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
If my thumb was long enough to tap comfortably above the footer, no doubt I wouldn’t have seen this issue in the first place! And no, I’m not going to try extending the length of my thumb, no matter how many spam emails I get! 😂
Boneist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:30 AM   #128
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by saisay View Post
My Kobo h2o (this one, not edition 2) is not updating to the latest firmware when I sync. Is this a rolling release or something?
All of Kobo firmware releases are "rolling releases". They release to one or two affiliates for a few days and then gradually expand on the affiliates and countries. I haven't checked recently, but it used to be close to a month before it the firmware hit Australia.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 12:34 PM   #129
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
It worked! Thank you so much. And I found a PDF tutorial (some 180 pages), where I could find how to delete a wrong line (I had typed -fe instead of -fr). I wouldn't have known how to insert the right line without you, but I thought I should learn how to delete on my own and it worked.
We'll all know where to come with our SQL queries now

BTW, a tip in case there's a 'next time'. If you made a mistake with one of your input values, it might be easier just to edit the wrong value rather than delete/re-insert the whole row. Use your mouse to click on the 'wrong data' cell and press [F2]. It will bring up an Edit Cell Data pop-up where you can just overtype the old with the new.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 04:00 PM   #130
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
My Kobo H2O, Edition 2, v2, downloaded Firmware 4.8.10956 a few minutes ago. Surprised me, because I'd figured nothing would happen until the new Kobo was released.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:11 PM   #131
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
My Kobo H2O, Edition 2, v2, downloaded Firmware 4.8.10956 a few minutes ago. Surprised me, because I'd figured nothing would happen until the new Kobo was released.

Jim
For those who are interested, I posted a new thread about the mark7 devices here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=296648
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:45 AM   #132
nAhu
Enthusiast
nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.nAhu knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: Kobo Glo (kobo4)
Hi,
I had to revert back to 4.7.10413.
With the new version some of my epubs are unreadable (epub pass the http://validator.idpf.org test, without DRM only watermark, readable with kobo app, Adobe Digital Editions and calibre).

In my case some epubs randomly (for the same epub):
Open on a white page with only one page, trying to go to the following page close the book and make it Read. But ToC is good.
Open on cover, good number of pages, trying to go to the following page close the book and make it Read.

With 4.7.10413, no problems at all.

Regards,
n`Ahu

P.S : sent a ticket to kobo
nAhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:41 AM   #133
OrangeFlavored
Enthusiast
OrangeFlavored doesn't litterOrangeFlavored doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mars
Seems like they finally fixed the bug I was getting where displaying by time remaining in the chapter caused page turns to take significantly longer (like several seconds delay each time)

Having to tap a little higher for the menu will take getting used to though, I preferred when you had to long-press on the progress indicator to change its display. Well, after doing it a few hundred times it probably won't bother me anymore.
OrangeFlavored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:42 AM   #134
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4nder View Post
My KA1 slowly loads the book cover block by block when going to sleep. Otherwise it seems to work fine.
I had this happen with a book I read last year. It had a plain cover, solid background with white text. But it was a really large omnibus. It was just that particular book with the issue.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:50 AM   #135
Diruuo
Enthusiast
Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Aura
My Kobo Aura is noticeably faster at selecting text for whatever purpose in KePubs. I also have no problem with the new default font, although the lack of Bold characters will likely make me stick with my side loaded Literata.

Lastly, regardless of the stats being fixed or not - the total hours read is still a ridiculous number in the 40 000s, 43 455 hours to be precise. A factory reset did not resolve the issue, as I imagine this number is embedded into my account by now. Repairing the account also had no result.

EDIT: Italics seem to be present on the new default fonts, I have corrected my statement above.

Last edited by Diruuo; 04-29-2018 at 07:31 AM.
Diruuo is offline   Reply With Quote