Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 05-04-2007, 12:49 PM   #1
AceHarddrive
Enthusiast
AceHarddrive began at the beginning.

Device: Tapwave Zodiac 2

Hello all!

Even though my computer is on cable (online all the time), no matter what I do (Clip with Sunrise or use Sunrise Desktop), I keep getting the "Failed: Internet connection is offline" message. This happens with RSS feeds and regular reads. For example, I tried with JLynn's "The Quest-An Epilogue (http://www.futuremuse.com/xena/stories/tqae.htm). I got the message with using the Tools>Clip with SunriseXP and with using the SunriseXP desktop. Neither worked. I then did a "Save Page As" command and saved the webpage complete to My Documents. I then used the File>Open File command to open the previously saved webpage. I then tried the "Clip with SunriseXP" command and got it!
Can anyone come up with a reason/fix as to why getting it straight from the web results in the "Failed:" message, but saving the webpage>Opening it> works? It used to work just fine. Very strange indeed!

Thanks all!
~Tim ^_^
Old 05-23-2007, 01:19 AM   #2
davethemann
davethemann began at the beginning.

Device: T5
Lightbulb

Make sure that you've logged in to the page (with cookies enabled) "normally" with Internet Explorer (not an alternate browser) on the computer you are trying to update with...then enable "send Internet Explorer cookies" from the specific site's preferences dialogue. Sunrise sends the IE cookies to retrieve your "personalized" crap (data) from the site