Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-03-2020, 05:13 PM   #1
Dragonhome
Dragonhome began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question Copy all books from Calibre Companion

I want to copy/move all the books in Calibre Companion to my reader app on my iPad (version 8). I don't want to have to do each one individually since I have over 2000 books and I don't want to do them "as I want to read them". I want them all to be available in my reader app right away.
Dragonhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 01:14 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonhome View Post
I want to copy/move all the books in Calibre Companion to my reader app on my iPad (version 8). I don't want to have to do each one individually since I have over 2000 books and I don't want to do them "as I want to read them". I want them all to be available in my reader app right away.
Why ?
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 12:18 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Why ?
Change your reading app IF, when you configure CC's App to use (by file type).
I realize that MAC's have their 'rules' , but this should be doable (I run the Android version and CC just launches the viewer hen I click READ, without making a Viewer copy)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 05:22 PM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
If your reader app can connect to a content server, why not download them directly from Calibre to your reader app? As far as I know, there is no direct way to do a mass move from CC to a reader app.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 07:50 AM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You should be able to configure every reading app so that it accesses the Calibre Companion folder, but then you have to rely on the sorting criteria of the reading application - and I don't know of any that are comparable to CC.
By the way, what is CC actually needed for?
Old 12-06-2020, 09:55 AM   #6
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
[QUOTEBy the way, what is CC actually needed for?[/QUOTE]

It's nice to have your ebooks in a data base so you can change ereading software easily if one fails or a new one comes out without having to transfer all your books again. Saying that, I just got a new Android tablet and installed the old, old CC that I had paid for before the new regime took over. It is just wonderful, I'd forgotten how great it was!
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:35 PM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Quote:
By the way, what is CC actually needed for?
It's nice to have your ebooks in a data base so you can change ereading software easily if one fails or a new one comes out without having to transfer all your books again. Saying that, I just got a new Android tablet and installed the old, old CC that I had paid for before the new regime took over. It is just wonderful, I'd forgotten how great it was!
I know - it was just a rhetorical question.