Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-17-2017, 06:12 PM   #1096
jstm
jstm will become famous soon enoughjstm will become famous soon enoughjstm will become famous soon enoughjstm will become famous soon enoughjstm will become famous soon enoughjstm will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle paperwhite 2014, IPAD, IPAD Mini, Iphone 6
I don´t know if this brake a rule in the forum, but I don't know where to give my thanks to all the people behind Koreader fot Kindle development, the last update it's great, makes me switch to Koreader for good in my PW2.
jstm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:19 PM   #1097
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstm View Post
I don´t know if this brake a rule in the forum, but I don't know where to give my thanks to all the people behind Koreader fot Kindle development, the last update it's great, makes me switch to Koreader for good in my PW2.
No rules broken that I know of.

KOreader has its own forum now:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=276

Just ignore the rule about double posting and post your message over there. I don't think anyone will mind hearing: "Thank You" twice.

I am sure that the people who are responsible for making KOreader will be subscribed to their own forum.
Which means your "Thank You" will be where the right people are sure to see it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2017, 04:23 AM   #1098
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!
baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(9017) 4GB, FW 5.7.4
Should you need latest koreader packages you can get it here.
baalajimaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 12:34 PM   #1099
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This thread belongs in the koreader forum.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 03:16 PM   #1100
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This thread belongs in the koreader forum.
It is exactly where it should be, read the first post.
Advert
Old 05-29-2017, 04:00 PM   #1101
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It is exactly where it should be, read the first post.
As long as this thread remains here, the koreader forum is pointless.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:48 PM   #1102
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
How is an entire forum pointless because of one thread in a different forum?
Not everyone looks at a every forum. I saw that particular forum. If it wasn't for this specific thread in the kindle sub forum, I would have assumed that Koreader was something for the Kobo. Probably not that uncommon of an assumption.

Can you put Koreader on a kindle?
If yes, then we need one thread here for it.
Otherwise people may not know you can put it on a kindle.

I wouldn't have known and I own several kindles.

Jon,
I am getting worried about you. Is there some reason for your concern in places you normally don't even post in?
Is this thread taking anything away from you?
Though I do appreciate all you do in the Kobo forum.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:02 PM   #1103
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
You really need to read the first post, ALL of it.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:11 AM   #1104
ivegotkindle
ivegotkindle began at the beginning.

Device: KT3 5.8.10
I don't know if this problem is because of the device or because there's a bug in the software so I'm gonna ask here first.

So yesterday I'm reading a ~8mb pdf on KOReader (page scroll = off, fit to content, landscape, other than that, its a vanilla KOReader) and treat it like when I'm reading a book (leave it for a while, skimming, etc). Suddenly, my device (or software?) is freezing. The touchscreen didn't respond to any inputs. The power button is responsive but KOReader only flashing the cover of the PDF, I've tried it many times so I'm sure that I didn't try to operate a locked Kindle.

When I put the USB cable, it shows the "connected" screen just fine, when disconnected, the screen came back to the Kindle home page, just fine. But after I touch it, the PDF cover came back and it became unresponsive again. Finally, I reboot it by holding the power button 40 sec.

I encountered that problem two times, with two different PDF files.

Any thought?
ivegotkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:54 AM   #1105
knc1
Going Viral

Are you using a version of KOreader that displays the current book cover as the screensaver when the device goes to sleep?
If so, turn off that feature, see if the problem goes away.

Also, there is a dedicated KOreader forum:
Old 10-04-2017, 10:00 AM   #1106
ivegotkindle
ivegotkindle began at the beginning.

Device: KT3 5.8.10
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Are you using a version of KOreader that displays the current book cover as the screensaver when the device goes to sleep?
If so, turn off that feature, see if the problem goes away.

Also, there is a dedicated KOreader forum:
Aaah I see, is that a known bug within KOReader? I'll try to disable that and come back if I found the issue again.

I asked here because the problem is on a Kindle.
ivegotkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:10 AM   #1107
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivegotkindle View Post
Aaah I see, is that a known bug within KOReader? I'll try to disable that and come back if I found the issue again.

I don't know yet.
You are the one who is doing the test.
Let us know if that feature is causing the problem.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:19 PM   #1108
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivegotkindle View Post

Possibly. Is the problem the same as described here?

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3220

Edit: drat, I didn't notice I was necro-posting when the forum recommended I visit this thread. Apologies!
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:48 PM   #1109
lapasta
lapasta began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
Hi!

I'm sorry for posting this twice (here and on the KOReader forum), but I didn't know which one was the right one for posting my problem.

My wife is a heavy Evernote user, and she went nuts when she found out that with KOReader + Evernote plugin she would be able to export the notes and highlights from her books.

I have just installed the latest nightly build on her PW1 Kindle and my KT2 Kindle.

I have logged in on Evernote just fine.

But here I got into a problem.

If I click on "Export all notes in this book", only notes created within KOReader were exported (or a blank note if none was created); all older notes made on the native reader weren't exported with it.

In addition, when I use the "Export all notes in your library" I receive the message "Multiple errors occurred while trying to export notes from book: XX and Y others". I have even tried erasing the MyClippings file and creating a brand new one, but this error persists.

Am I doing something wrong? Or I am mistaken on expecting that older notes and highlights from the native reader would be exported too?
lapasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:44 PM   #1110
lapasta
lapasta began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
Answering my own problem:
The second problem (error when using "Export all notes in your library") was related to the language of the "My Clippings.txt" file.
I had to change the clip.lua to take into account that the note type and the dates were in Portuguese instead of English.
I am not an expert in lua, so I don't know how I could make it more general to different languages.
It is working fine now.

On the other hand, "Export all notes in this book" is still only creating empty notes on Evernote, I still couldn't fix it.
lapasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch