Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 08:39 AM   #1
Eithrial
Enthusiast
Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW
Not expensive e-ink reader for pdfs

I am looking for new e-reader. So far I've used kindle paperwhite 1st generation, jailbroken with koreader, and it was fine.

All I want is to buy device I can run koreader on without any issues. Because I do not need fireworks, I expect not to spend too much on new reader, although I am able to spend more, if it would ensure that my main requirement is met.

So far I consider Kobo Aura Edition 2.

I also thoug about buying used Kobo Glo HD

Last edited by Eithrial; 11-13-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Eithrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:08 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sorry, but PDF on an eInk Reader is going to be a very poor experience. You're best off with an iPad.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2017, 12:40 PM   #3
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
You can install Koreader on the Pocketbook devices. Their internal PDF Reader is also very good, offering zoom, crop and reflow.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:40 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sorry, but PDF on an eInk Reader is going to be a very poor experience. You're best off with an iPad.
Or a Samsung Tablet.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:48 AM   #5
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Pocketbook devices have very good inbuilt software for pdf. I have only encountered one issue: For particularly heavy files, 256 MB RAM is insufficient. For example Touch Lux 3 has 256 MB RAM and is very slow with heavy pdf files (it opens everything and does what you want, but you have to wait sometimes minutes to turn a page), but Touch HD has 512 MB RAM and flies.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert