Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-29-2017, 08:11 AM   #1
Accutronman
Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Overdrive Downloads

Have an Aura One with Overdrive linked to my local library. Have a number of eBooks at library with holds that when cleared should download automatically to the device. I'm finding that if say four books clear holds in the same week, that not all are downloading to the device. I might get only one or two of the books.

Any suggestions on how to remediate the issue?
Accutronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:09 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accutronman View Post
Have an Aura One with Overdrive linked to my local library. Have a number of eBooks at library with holds that when cleared should download automatically to the device. I'm finding that if say four books clear holds in the same week, that not all are downloading to the device. I might get only one or two of the books.

Any suggestions on how to remediate the issue?
I've seen a similar issue a couple of time. Once was my fault when I had reached my 5 checked out ebook limit. Other times the ebook I checked out from the library was not available from Kobo (different ISBN, etc.) and once just a glitch which got cleared up. Then there was the time I checked out a book and got an entirely different book from Kobo -- the author had used an ISBN that belonged to an existing book.

When you search for the book on Kobo, does it show borrow/hold as an option?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2017, 02:12 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So when you download an eBook from Overdrive, does it end up as a kepub?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:00 PM   #4
Accutronman
Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Accutronman is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I've seen a similar issue a couple of time. Once was my fault when I had reached my 5 checked out ebook limit. Other times the ebook I checked out from the library was not available from Kobo (different ISBN, etc.) and once just a glitch which got cleared up. Then there was the time I checked out a book and got an entirely different book from Kobo -- the author had used an ISBN that belonged to an existing book.

When you search for the book on Kobo, does it show borrow/hold as an option?
One of the books in question does not show up on a kobo search with borrow/hold as an option. If I go into Overdrive, it shows in my Loans section of my library site with an option to download as either kindle or ePub, however, normally the book just downloads to the Aura when it is available. I have a limit of 10 loans at a time and I checked to make sure I hadn't exceeded.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:02 PM   #5
Accutronman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Normally, I don't have to do anything to download. The book appears on the Aura once my hold is available from the library.
Advert
Old 03-29-2017, 05:03 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, you are getting the book from Kobo not from the library.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:04 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accutronman View Post
One of the books in question does not show up on a kobo search with borrow/hold as an option. If I go into Overdrive, it shows in my Loans section of my library site with an option to download as either kindle or ePub, however, normally the book just downloads to the Aura when it is available. I have a limit of 10 loans at a time and I checked to make sure I hadn't exceeded.
The library books loaned to your KA1 come from the Kobo store, not directly from the library. If it does not show in the Kobo store with Overdrive options, it is not available as a direct to device library loan.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:22 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So if you borrow a book from OD and it's not available via Kobo, Can you still download it by going directory the the library's OD site?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:15 PM   #9
Accutronman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The library books loaned to your KA1 come from the Kobo store, not directly from the library. If it does not show in the Kobo store with Overdrive options, it is not available as a direct to device library loan.
Never knew that. Many thanks.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:16 PM   #10
Accutronman

Quote:
So if you borrow a book from OD and it's not available via Kobo, Can you still download it by going directory the the library's OD site?
What I've done in the instances where it doesn't automatically come to the Aura is to go to library's OD site and download as a Kindle book to my Kindle
Old 03-29-2017, 07:08 PM   #11
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Short answer would be YES if you meant going DIRECTLY to the library's OD site .
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:19 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Yes. If the book is not available from Kobo, I download the acsm file from the library website and send to my ereader over USB.

The Overdrive capability does not remove the library-ADE-ereader capability.