Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 08-10-2015, 11:20 AM   #1111
crovaxnsalash
crovaxnsalash began at the beginning.

Device: Microsoft Surface Pro 3
Smile Help with splitting one particular PDF ??

Hi !!

First of all thanks Willus for sharing with us the k2pdfopt and above all for your hard work and hours spent on it...

I'am messing around with the program so far I couldn't get exactly what I want of it but I think it might be because of my ignorance... Can you tell me if with k2pdfopt I can merge and normalize all the pages and split by bookmark level ?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/36...e_de_fonte.pdf

Last edited by crovaxnsalash; 08-10-2015 at 11:21 AM. Reason: the link didnt appear ?
crovaxnsalash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:28 PM   #1112
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by crovaxnsalash View Post
Hi !!

First of all thanks Willus for sharing with us the k2pdfopt and above all for your hard work and hours spent on it...

I'am messing around with the program so far I couldn't get exactly what I want of it but I think it might be because of my ignorance... Can you tell me if with k2pdfopt I can merge and normalize all the pages and split by bookmark level ?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/36...e_de_fonte.pdf
Can you post a link to the source file? I don't know what you mean by "merge and normalize all the pages" and "split by bookmark level." You'll have to be a little more specific or post some examples of what you mean.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2015, 08:24 AM   #1113
crovaxnsalash

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
Can you post a link to the source file? I don't know what you mean by "merge and normalize all the pages" and "split by bookmark level." You'll have to be a little more specific or post some examples of what you mean.
Sorry !

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wg...NPDFViewer.pdf

http://pesquisa.in.gov.br/imprensa/s...d=firistAccess

I need to turn this PDF into:

PDF 1:

Bookmark 1 CASA CIVIL
Bookmark 2 INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE TECNOLOGIA DA INFORMAÇÃO
Bookmark 3 AVISO DE LICITAÇÃO PREGÃO ELETRÔNICO Nº 4/2015 - UASG 243001
Text: Nº Processo: 00100000111201582 . Objeto: Pregão Eletrônico - Formalização de Ata de Registro de Preços, com vistas a contratação de
empresa especializada para prestação de serviços de auditoria de
conformidade na Autoridade Certificadora Raiz AC RAIZ, com base
nos documentos principais DOC-ICP-01 e DOC-ICP-02 e, também,
nos normativos internacionais Webtrust, requisitos definidos em Trust
Service Principles and Criteria for Certification Authorities. Total de
Itens Licitados: 00001. Edital: 11/08/2015 de 08h00 às 12h00 e de
14h às 17h59. Endereço: Scn Quadra 02 Bloco e Asa Norte Edifício
Sede Iti Asa Norte - BRASILIA - DF. Entrega das Propostas: a partir
de 11/08/2015 às 08h00 no site www.comprasnet.gov.br.. Abertura
das Propostas: 21/08/2015 às 08h00 site www.comprasnet.gov.br.
NATHERCIA MARIA RIBEIRO DE ALMEIDA
Pregoeira Oficial
(SIDEC - 10/08/2015) 243001-24208-2015NE800001

PDF 2:
Bookmark 1 IMPRENSA NACIONAL
Bookmark 2 RESULTADO DE JULGAMENTO
Bookmark 3 PREGÃO Nº 11/2015
Text: A Imprensa Nacional, por intermédio de sua pregoeiro, torna
público que a empresa COMANDO EXTINTORES LTDA-EPP,CNPJ
nº 04.985.849/0001-12,foi vencedora para a execução de serviços de
recarga dos extintores de combate a incêndio,de propriedade da Imprensa
Nacional, no valor global de R$ 11.288,00.
JUAREZ JOSE GOMES
(SIDEC - 10/08/2015)

By merge and normalize it would be scaling the page size to A4 (the document I've sent you earlier) and keeping the text flowing in one colunm, because the original is poorly formated...

Last edited by crovaxnsalash; 08-11-2015 at 08:29 AM. Reason: missing information
Old 08-11-2015, 09:13 AM   #1114
crovaxnsalash

[QUOTE=crovaxnsalash;3149411]Sorry !

PDF 1:

Bookmark 1 CASA CIVIL
Text: Nº Processo: 00100000111201582 . Objeto: Pregão Eletrônico - Formalização de Ata de Registro de Preços, com vistas a contratação de
empresa especializada para prestação de serviços de auditoria de
conformidade na Autoridade Certificadora Raiz AC RAIZ, com base
nos documentos principais DOC-ICP-01 e DOC-ICP-02 e, também,
nos normativos internacionais Webtrust, requisitos definidos em Trust
Service Principles and Criteria for Certification Authorities. Total de
Itens Licitados: 00001. Edital: 11/08/2015 de 08h00 às 12h00 e de
14h às 17h59. Endereço: Scn Quadra 02 Bloco e Asa Norte Edifício
Sede Iti Asa Norte - BRASILIA - DF. Entrega das Propostas: a partir
de 11/08/2015 às 08h00 no site www.comprasnet.gov.br.. Abertura
das Propostas: 21/08/2015 às 08h00 site www.comprasnet.gov.br.
NATHERCIA MARIA RIBEIRO DE ALMEIDA
Pregoeira Oficial
(SIDEC - 10/08/2015) 243001-24208-2015NE800001

PDF 2:
Bookmark 1 IMPRENSA NACIONAL
Bookmark 2 RESULTADO DE JULGAMENTO
Bookmark 3 PREGÃO Nº 11/2015
Text: A Imprensa Nacional, por intermédio de sua pregoeiro, torna
público que a empresa COMANDO EXTINTORES LTDA-EPP,CNPJ
nº 04.985.849/0001-12,foi vencedora para a execução de serviços de
recarga dos extintores de combate a incêndio,de propriedade da Imprensa
Nacional, no valor global de R$ 11.288,00.
JUAREZ JOSE GOMES
(SIDEC - 10/08/2015)

By merge and normalize it would be scaling the page size to A4 (the document I've sent you earlier) and keeping the text flowing in one colunm and at the same size of the orginal if possible.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:54 PM   #1115
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sorry !

PDF 1:

Bookmark 1 CASA CIVIL

By merge and normalize it would be scaling the page size to A4 (the document I've sent you earlier) and keeping the text flowing in one colunm, because the original is poorly formated...
I'm really not getting you. Both links you posted were the same file, which was a single page. I don't understand what you want to do with a single-page PDF or why you would want it to have multiple bookmarks or why you referred to two different PDFs. What am I missing?
Advert
Old 08-12-2015, 09:26 AM   #1116
crovaxnsalash

Let me start over so I can be more clear

I wanted to reflow all the text from this (link bellow 203 pages)publication to one colunm (acomplished utilizing briss), and I wanted to break the document at the bold title like:

Page 1:
Bold title
text

Page 2:
Bold title
text

It is possible ?
Old 08-12-2015, 08:58 PM   #1117
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:

I wanted to reflow all the text from this (link bellow 203 pages)publication to one colunm (acomplished utilizing briss), and I wanted to break the document at the bold title like:

Page 1:
Bold title
text

Page 2:
Bold title
text

It is possible ?
You need to crop out the top and bottom margins with the -mt and -mb options. I can't really help with starting the pages at certain places and adding bookmarks for them, though. There's not a way to do that. This is the best I can do, which will automatically find the three columns (on the first page, at least--you didn't send any other pages):

k2pdfopt -col 4 -mt 3.3 -mb .475 inpdfviewer.pdf

Old 08-12-2015, 08:59 PM   #1118
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:

I wanted to reflow all the text from this (link bellow 203 pages)...
I didn't see any link.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:09 AM   #1119
rhazman
rhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavens

Device: kindle pw
Green marks

Hi Willus,

First of all, thanks for this unique app.

I use it for books. In my country epubs are still rare and we need to use pdfs with e-readers.

My question, is it possible to place some green vertical marks, let’s say in Adobe Acrobat, and then k2pdfopt would use those marks to cut the pages?

I attached two sample pages. Is it possible to tell the program that cut on those green marks, so that image would appear on a separate page alone or new page on heading like on second photo?

Thanks a lot!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	141119   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	141120  
rhazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:48 AM   #1120
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhazman View Post
Hi Willus,

First of all, thanks for this unique app.

I use it for books. In my country epubs are still rare and we need to use pdfs with e-readers.

My question, is it possible to place some green vertical marks, let’s say in Adobe Acrobat, and then k2pdfopt would use those marks to cut the pages?

I attached two sample pages. Is it possible to tell the program that cut on those green marks, so that image would appear on a separate page alone or new page on heading like on second photo?

Thanks a lot!
Certainly possible. I'll see if I can add something like that into the next revision.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:44 PM   #1121
rhazman
rhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavensrhazman is a rising star in the heavens

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
Certainly possible. I'll see if I can add something like that into the next revision.
I appreciate that. I will look forward it.
rhazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:47 AM   #1122
isaacbh
Connoisseur
isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Hello, I have trouble with page breaks on a pdf I'm trying to process: k2pdfopt will sometimes break a page in a place that doesn't seem right. I hope that attached images are clear enough.

The first 2 images are from the original pdf. The other 2 are the same pages after processing. The program puts a page break at the end of the first (original) page, even through, as you can see from the second page, the text simply continues. There is no new section or chapter.

My command line was:

Code:
k2pdfopt -ui- -x -h 1430 -w 1080 -dpi 265 -col 1 -wrap- -vb -2 -f2p -1 -g 0.3 -bpc 2 -p 14-184 -mt 1.5cm -mb 1.3cm -om 0.3cm t.pdf
As you can see from the command, this is for the Kobo Aura H2O and I'm trying to preserve the layout of the pdf as much as possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	original1.png
Views:	262
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	141300   Click image for larger version

Name:	original2.png
Views:	221
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	141301   Click image for larger version

Name:	k2-1.png
Views:	241
Size:	277.1 KB
ID:	141302   Click image for larger version

Name:	k2-2.png
Views:	229
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	141303  
isaacbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 02:05 PM   #1123
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacbh View Post
Hello, I have trouble with page breaks on a pdf I'm trying to process: k2pdfopt will sometimes break a page in a place that doesn't seem right. I hope that attached images are clear enough.

The first 2 images are from the original pdf. The other 2 are the same pages after processing. The program puts a page break at the end of the first (original) page, even through, as you can see from the second page, the text simply continues. There is no new section or chapter.

My command line was:

Code:
k2pdfopt -ui- -x -h 1430 -w 1080 -dpi 265 -col 1 -wrap- -vb -2 -f2p -1 -g 0.3 -bpc 2 -p 14-184 -mt 1.5cm -mb 1.3cm -om 0.3cm t.pdf
As you can see from the command, this is for the Kobo Aura H2O and I'm trying to preserve the layout of the pdf as much as possible.
FYI, it's always more helpful if you can post the actual source PDF or extract the key pages from it as a PDF. Much easier to diagnose the issue. Does the source PDF have bookmarks or a TOC? If it does, k2pdfopt will break pages wherever there is a TOC/bookmark link to a page (by default). That's the only reason I can think it would stick a page break there. To turn this off, use:

-bp--

or

-toc-

... to disable bookmarks altogether. BTW, maybe you want to use the fitwidth mode?

-mode fw -ls-

This will not allow you to use the gamma correction or -bpc options, but it would replace the options below and use native PDF output which would probably make your output file smaller if you find that preferable. Generally, however, e-books don't do as well with native PDF output in terms of CPU processing cost and the display time. Bitmaps are typically quicker to display and don't tax the CPU as much.

-col 1 -wrap- -vb -2 -f2p -1

Last edited by willus; 08-22-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:49 PM   #1124
isaacbh
Connoisseur
isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.isaacbh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Quote:
Does the source PDF have bookmarks or a TOC? If it does, k2pdfopt will break pages wherever there is a TOC/bookmark link to a page (by default)
Yes, that was it! I disabled TOC (which I don't really need) and it did the trick. I'll have to now manually specify the chapter breaks in -toclist or in -bpl, but it's a small price to pay.

For some reason, the text in a native PDF on the H2O looks kinda washed out, more gray than black. I found out that by using bitmaps instead with a low gamma value gives nice black letters. I use -bpc to keep the file size down.

Thank you for the swift help!
isaacbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:44 AM   #1125
educruz
educruz is a rising star in the heavenseducruz is a rising star in the heavenseducruz is a rising star in the heavenseducruz is a rising star in the heavenseducruz is a rising star in the heavenseducruz is a rising star in the heavenseducruz is a rising star in the heavenseducruz is a rising star in the heavenseducruz is a rising star in the heavenseducruz is a rising star in the heavenseducruz is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Exclamation Missing characters in converted PDFs, Kindle Paperwhite

Missing characters in converted PDFs, Kindle Paperwhite

Hi,
First at all, congratulations for your software... It is really amazing!
However, this last time I am experiencing problems with the pdfs in my kindle paperwhite.

I convert pdf files to read them in the kindle.
I had done it before without problems, but there is a book (it looks very normal) in wich I can not see some characters in the kindle after the conversion.

If I open the converted file in my PC it works fine, but after sending the file I can not read some letters or other characters in the reader, for example there are missing letters in some words (in place of the letter is nothing, I mean the space is empty), or for example some numbers in the index, etc.

I tryied opening the files directly in my android device, using the kindle app, but it happens exactly the same.

Do you know what can I do?

I really need to read that book.

Tanks a lot!

Edu
educruz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools