Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 04-17-2014, 09:01 PM   #781
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by user743 View Post
Will it detect surrounding text, after the centered text ( - main content). in a page with three columns, with the outer columns rapping around the center column. like this:
Code:
#######  #######
#######  #######
####        ####
#### ###### ####
#### ###### ####
#### ###### ####
#### ###### ####
#### ###### ####
####        ####
#######  #######
@user743 -- I believe what will happen if you use the -col 4 setting is that k2pdfopt will see the top region as two columns, the middle region as three columns, and the bottom region as two columns again. The way it will order the text will depend upon your setting for -comax and maybe also other column settings. It could end up being any of the three options in the attached. Alternatively you could use -col 2 (the default) and it would adjoin the center text to one of the two adjacent columns when displaying it (i.e. in the first example I attached below, you'd get 3 and 4 together or 4 and 5 together), which might not be too bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	order1.png
Views:	251
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	121829   Click image for larger version

Name:	order2.png
Views:	262
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	121830   Click image for larger version

Name:	order3.png
Views:	257
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	121831  

Last edited by willus; 04-18-2014 at 08:56 AM.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:48 AM   #782
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle PW2 special offers removed by Amazon for FREE
I edited my question and diagram.
user743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:57 AM   #783
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I edited my question and diagram.
And I just edited my response.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #784
agelos100
Enthusiast
agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle
Bookmarks...

Hello Willus,

I would like to report a minor problem I am facing with your amazing software.

I use bookmarks at the source file in order to break page on those pages at the output file, and it would be useful to keep those bookmarks at the output file.

However the name of the bookmarks have been deleted at the output -there are only blank bookmarks.

In addition the bookmark (at the output file) has been located a couple of pages prior the correct one. So, if a chapter starts on page 68 of the output file, the bookmark appears on page 66. This happens to all bookmarks.

I have not made an example with source and output files because I believe you can understand the problem.

Thank you for your time.

Angelos

Last edited by agelos100; 04-22-2014 at 11:45 AM.
agelos100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:44 PM   #785
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelos100 View Post
Hello Willus,

I would like to report a minor problem I am facing with your amazing software.

I use bookmarks at the source file in order to break page on those pages at the output file, and it would be useful to keep those bookmarks at the output file.

However the name of the bookmarks have been deleted at the output -there are only blank bookmarks.

In addition the bookmark (at the output file) has been located a couple of pages prior the correct one. So, if a chapter starts on page 68 of the output file, the bookmark appears on page 66. This happens to all bookmarks.

I have not made an example with source and output files because I believe you can understand the problem.

Thank you for your time.

Angelos
The default behavior is to preserve bookmarks, so something is going wrong. Can you please post an example (include source file, command-line options, and the version you are running)?
Old 04-23-2014, 08:24 AM   #786
agelos100
Enthusiast
agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
The default behavior is to preserve bookmarks, so something is going wrong. Can you please post an example (include source file, command-line options, and the version you are running)?
Hello Willus,

I have attached source and output file. Check at the output that the bookmark names are blank, and the bookmarks do not correspond to the source file pages, for example bookmark #2 in on page #2 instead of page #4.

I have win 7, 32 bit, k2pdfopt v2.15 and
-dev kpw -mode fw -ls- on the command line.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Angelos
Attached Files
File Type: pdf source.pdf (270.9 KB, 226 views)
File Type: pdf source_k2opt.pdf (317.4 KB, 267 views)
Old 04-23-2014, 08:40 AM   #787
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Hello Willus,

I have attached source and output file. Check at the output that the bookmark names are blank, and the bookmarks do not correspond to the source file pages, for example bookmark #2 in on page #2 instead of page #4.

I have win 7, 32 bit, k2pdfopt v2.15 and
-dev kpw -mode fw -ls- on the command line.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Angelos
Thank you, Angelos. Just curious--are the bookmarks in Greek? I can't view them at the moment. Also, what happens if you add -n- to the "additional options" box? Any improvement? I'll investigate further when I get a chance.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:28 AM   #788
agelos100
Enthusiast

Yes Willus, the bookmarks are in Greek.

When I add the -n- variable I get the bookmark names as source file, but the bookmarks are still misplaced.

Also the output file is much larger (1960 KB, instead of 318 KB).
Old 04-26-2014, 11:03 PM   #789
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Yes Willus, the bookmarks are in Greek.

When I add the -n- variable I get the bookmark names as source file, but the bookmarks are still misplaced.

Also the output file is much larger (1960 KB, instead of 318 KB).
I've checked the positioning error and it does appear to be a bug in the logic that I'll fix for the next release. The native output version also doesn't correctly handle UTF-8 text, which I'll also fix. Thanks for letting me know.
Edit, 4-27-14: Both problems now fixed for the next release.

Last edited by willus; 04-27-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:22 AM   #790
adroid28
adroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle
Bullets and Numbered Lists

Hello there,

First of all. What a fantastic tool! This is brilliant and works really well

There is only one thing that I do not seem to get right. When converting lists are becoming jumbled up. Bullets appear without new lines after each bullet and the lines next to the bullets/numbers are breaking up. Here is two photos of problematic lists:

Is there a way to resolve that?

Thanks!

Dionysis
adroid28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:48 PM   #791
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

In the online help page for removing borders. the picture of the preview shows the title cut in half (look closely). but in the picture of the results its not cut in half.

what's going on???

is that the effect of a quick preview maybe?

Last edited by user743; 04-29-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #792
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroid28 View Post
Hello there,
...When converting lists are becoming jumbled up. Bullets appear without new lines after each bullet and the lines next to the bullets/numbers are breaking up. ...

Is there a way to resolve that?
Dionysis
Can you please post a source PDF file for one or both of these examples so that I can try out some options on them? If you can't share the source on this thread, send me a private message.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:35 PM   #793
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
In the online help page for removing borders. the picture of the preview shows the title cut in half (look closely). but in the picture of the results its not cut in half.

what's going on???

is that the effect of a quick preview maybe?
@user743--good eye! You're not supposed to look behind the curtain! It's not a quick preview issue--the Windows GUI preview should exactly match what you get in the PDF output. But the GUI screenshot posted on my border removal help page was taken using a newer version of k2pdfopt than the other conversions shown earlier on that page (I should update them to make them all consistent). The default value for -crgh was probably tweaked between versions, or I slightly modified the column detection algorithm between versions, resulting in the change. See the help page on column detection.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:23 PM   #794
user743
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
@user743--good eye! You're not supposed to look behind the curtain! It's not a quick preview issue--the Windows GUI preview should exactly match what you get in the PDF output. But the GUI screenshot posted on my border removal help page was taken using a newer version of k2pdfopt than the other conversions shown earlier on that page (I should update them to make them all consistent). The default value for -crgh was probably tweaked between versions, or I slightly modified the column detection algorithm between versions, resulting in the change. See the help page on column detection.
it doesn't change the fact that the title was cut in half in the newer version.

I dont see the connection with the settings for -crgh. unless it also sets the with in between two columns. (if so it should be two different commands.)

(BTW i only noticed it because i had (and still have) this problem so i was trying to see what you did diffrenet)
Old 04-29-2014, 11:41 PM   #795
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
it doesn't change the fact that the title was cut in half in the newer version.

I dont see the connection with the settings for -crgh. unless it also sets the with in between two columns. (if so it should be two different commands.)

(BTW i only noticed it because i had (and still have) this problem so i was trying to see what you did diffrenet)
You're right--it wasn't -crgh. It was -cg. Put -cg 0.2 into the "additional options" box in the GUI. Sorry about that.

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools