Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 07-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
the7gerbers
Connoisseur
the7gerbers doesn't litterthe7gerbers doesn't litterthe7gerbers doesn't litter

Device: Kindles (Fire HD, Fire, Paperwhite) iPhone
REB 1100 + cords, slipcase, $60 OBO, Free shipping, works fine!

One more old ebook reader to sell!

I have a REB 1100 ebook reader for sale today and it works just fine. Sync cable and charging cable (not original charging cable but a correct replacement) included as well as a vinyl slipcase for the unit. That slipcase protects the unit from scratches but is not padded at all, just so you know. These are an older technology, but work well if you are--like us--willing to dig around on the internet for the information you need to use it. The community at MobileRead.com is a great place for information!

I often read on this during the day with the backlight turned way down and then was also able to turn it on for bedtime reading without a separate lamp. Heavier than today's ebook readers, but it still sits comfortably in your hand. Orientation can be changed from portrait to landscape.

The REB 1100 will be wrapped securely and shipped Priority Mail, insured for $60, and with Delivery Confirmation.

PM me if you are interested and thanks so much!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1715.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	55919  

Last edited by the7gerbers; 07-31-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: SOLD!
the7gerbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
the7gerbers
Connoisseur

Make me an offer! I hate to throw this thing away but I know it is old tech!
Advert
Old 07-31-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
I see this also listed on ebay and it tempts me just for curiosity's sake - but I find the notion of being quite so format-limited kinda scary. (ONLY .RB files...wow.)

Do you have any of the super-duper software to make things easier ?
Perhaps a smartmedia card to go with it (does anyone even sell those anymore ?).

I am really happy with my Jetbook but after a year it is getting worn out and I want better PDF support - BUT - I would offer $20 for this, shipped USPS/cheapest with $20 insurance just so they will make sure to deliver it whole...not to be insulting or anything !
(A new Jetbook can be had for a mere $89 + freeship these days...and cheap Android devices are going to take over the world !)
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:36 PM   #4
the7gerbers
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallhagrid View Post
I see this also listed on ebay and it tempts me just for curiosity's sake - but I find the notion of being quite so format-limited kinda scary. (ONLY .RB files...wow.)

Do you have any of the super-duper software to make things easier ?
Perhaps a smartmedia card to go with it (does anyone even sell those anymore ?).

I am really happy with my Jetbook but after a year it is getting worn out and I want better PDF support - BUT - I would offer $20 for this, shipped USPS/cheapest with $20 insurance just so they will make sure to deliver it whole...not to be insulting or anything !
(A new Jetbook can be had for a mere $89 + freeship these days...and cheap Android devices are going to take over the world !)
Sure, let's talk about your offer, that's great...send me a PM and I'll give you my email. I did find one software CD for it after looking a bit. It's been awhile since I have used it regularly. I know what you mean, devices are just getting cheaper. I guess I'm just too frugal I can't bear to throw it away, LOL!
Old 07-31-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
the7gerbers
Connoisseur

Ack, it sold on eBay, I just got an email!! Can't believe it!!! Thanks anyway!!
Advert
Old 07-31-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
Congrats !
Looks like you found the REB lover you needed.
I think I'm heading off to Kmart tonight to get me an Augen TheBook so I can try it out.

Best Wishes,

mark
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote