Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Unhappy Broken Screen

Dropped my Kindle this morning on a concrete floor and cracked the upper left corner of the display, leaving about 1 inch of display now blank.

What are my options? Will Amazon repair it (yes, I know it's not covered under warranty). Am I sh*t out of luck? Love the Kindle and will miss not carrying it along on my daily travels.

Last edited by jgaiser; 12-06-2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Ok.. I don't know my left from right..
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:44 AM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Sorry to hear that

But from my experience Amazon have a brilliant customer service. You should defo give them a call about repairing your kindle. I'm sure you can get it sorted.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reply to myself after nearly two weeks (life has been hectic).

Just got off the phone with Kindle customer support and my replacement Kindle will be in the mail today. I only have to return the broken unit within 30 days and it's a free replacement.

Props to Amazon and Kindle support..
Old 12-18-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Glad it's being sorted out
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:13 PM   #5
jgaiser
Omnivorous

One last post on this thread...

Kindle arrived safely today via FedEx. I was wondering if I would receive Kindle2 US or Kindle2 International as original was Kindle2 US. Received unit is Kindle2 US. Looks like they're clearing out stock for returns. I'm OK with this though. Get pretty good Whispernet connection out here in the sticks...
Advert